Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Some Questions

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.
Online Users: 1,317 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Some Questions
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 7:50 AM

First question: A friend of mine from out of state asked me why I didnít send her and her husband an invitation to my wedding when she send one for me and my fiance for her wedding. How in the world do I answer that? I didnít invite her because we are not close and the last time I saw her was 12 years ago in high school! We mostly just talk online through Facebook. But I donít want to be rude to her. I know for a fact that she wonít be able to come for my wedding because she wont be able to travel that far due to lack of money, so I was thinking maybe I should just send her an invitation to make her happy. Or I can just send her one and risk the very rare chance that she will comeÖ.but we really can not have another person due to money (as some of you already know). So should I just send her an invite or if I shouldnít what would be a nice way to tell her that she isnít invited? Keep in mind that she is a very sensitive type.

Another question: Iím getting my rsvp cards back (yay!) and I am wondering do I need to tell the banquet hall WHO in particular got the chicken and who got the beef or wonít it matter as long as I tell them how many chickens and how many beefs are from each table? (I hope I made sense)

How many guests are usually seated at a tableÖis 6 or 7 ok?

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Re: Some Questions
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

If you feel compelled to answer, I would just make a brief comment about the wish to keep this a more intimate, small affair or similar language & not get sucked into a big argument about it.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

For our wedding we wrote a C or F on each person's seating card. Then the waiters come around and pick them up. They should defintely tell you what to do beforehand.

I have no suggestions for the rude person, other than to ignore it. Rude.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Wow. You're a nice person to stop and think before answering. I would have just told her to deal with it. Because really, she's got alot of nerve to be asking when you haven't been close for over a decade. Or at least that's how I would feel about it. Because really, why would you ask a question like that if you weren't looking to create drama? So I guess just ignore it. The only responses I can think of are just as rude as the initial question.

And as far as chicken vs. beef, I'd call the caterer and ask. They won't talk to you like you're stupid or anything. My cousin found out this way that it's a common question for them.

Life happens! I'm no longer WaitingForApril2010

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Dear CA,

Here's your script:

"You were fortunate enough to be able to afford a large wedding. We are not so fortunate. Our guest list is all set, now. I do appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you after we return from our honeymoon."

ie: Never.

As for the meal preferences, just ask your caterer what is their usual method. They do this all the time. It might mean a colored sticker on the table name card.

Just follow their instuctions. They have done it hundreds of times before.

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

As to how many guests are usually seated at a table, it depends on how big the table is. A 60" round table will seat 8 comfortably. A 72" table will seat 10 comfortably.

As for the rude person, I'd go with aotb's suggestion. Stress that you are just having a very small wedding--a phrase that can mean anything from "immediate family only" to "not everyone we've ever met."

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Thanks everyone. I just ignored my friend. I really don't need drama right now.

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

toaya1 Posts : 3 Registered: 9/15/10
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Ok I'm so excited I'm getting marry May of 2011 yay me ok I'm having some issue one is my MOH my Fiancee god sister I ask her to be My MOH but she not doing her duties like a MOH suppose to she does not call to find out how the wedding going she lives in Florida she email me pics off of google saying a lady gonna order her dress then I went to Florida memorial day weekend to visit then she said the lady don't have her size cuz she is a sz1 which I knew she was lying after that I leave to come back home no calls from her nothing so I had to text her on facebook to let her know I have to replace her so now I have no MOH and I'm stuck on what to do I have a half sister who is already one of My BM and another full blood sister same dad same mom which we don't get along ppl try talking to my baby sister for us to get along so she can be in my wedding she being stubborn I don't really have friends or any other person to be my BM so brides.com please help I'm a bride torn what should I do?

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: toaya1

Cheetah you got some good advice, and I'm glad you're ignoring her.

To Toaya: This is Cheetah's thread. I think you meant to start your own???

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: toaya1

Diva, you are a lot nicer than me.

Toaya... this is what you should do. Learn to write in such a manner that you are understandable. What you wrote is completely unintelligible and I can barely decifer any of it. It was such a mess that I'm not inclined to try, or to give you advice on how to deal with it...the greater issue you have is that you need to be able to make yourself be understood...and right now, you can't do that.

Misty

toaya1 Posts : 3 Registered: 9/15/10
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

First of all ,CatStandish I did not know I was still in school and you were the teacher FyI you need to get a life Im looking for real answers not someone on here to tell me how to write, I write how I want to get it got it good . If someone on here more mature that can help me I would really Appreciate it get the hell out of here Ms. CatStandish

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: toaya1

I personally tried to read your first post and it also gave me a headache.

I was able to read this one slightly more because it was short. So the lack of punctuation wasn't as pronounced, but still not easy to read.

So the fact is, you are not going to get many answers if no one reads your posts because it makes them ill trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

Also, your post had NOTHING to do with the original post by the OP. Why not just create your own thread? Or you can search for a more relevant thread to your question and read the replies there for insight.

EDIT: OK,I guess because of the title 'Some Questions' you may have thought that then you can post any question (if you asked a question, I'm still not sure). So I can see that.

Edited by: PharmToxGirl on Sep 17, 2010 12:33 PM

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Toaya:

What Pharm said. And Diva. And Cat.

But, have whoever you want be your BM. What, exactly, are the 'duties' you're placing on her though??

You can write however you wish, but if you want real help and suggestions, best to write so that others can and WANT to read your posts. Burying a question, and then poorly writing the question, in someone else's unrelated post is probably not the way to go about getting useful advice. But you are correct, you may write however you choose.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,† People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine