Ska (Checkered) Themed Wedding

Online Users: 1,241 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Vineshia Posts : 1 Registered: 9/5/10
Ska (Checkered) Themed Wedding
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 8:44 PM

We are looking for interesting but not over the top Black and White checked ideas, and the only things that are coming up checkered stuff for racing. Any Ideas?

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Re: Ska (Checkered) Themed Wedding
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Vineshia

I know that MacKenzie Childs has a black and white checkered pattern, maybe you could get some vases from there for your centerpieces. That could be rather expensive but maybe you could DIY some.
Here's a link to the site-
http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/Tableware/Courtly+Check+Enamelware/Courtly+Check+Kitchen/Courtly+Check+Enamel+Tumbler+-+10+Ounce.axd

For centerpieces you could "make" mini checkered patterns with glass votive holders. Group a whole bunch together and then break them up into little groups of about four and in one group put white roses and the other group put black votive candles and then just alternate them for the pattern.

SORRY!! That's the best idea that I could come up with!!

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: Vineshia

Maybe incorporate chess boards somehow? I did a google search to try and find something but you're right. It's all racing and weird looking shoes. So chess boards is all I can think of to help.

Sorry hun. I'm just not a decorating expert. Checkers is not something I would know what to do with.

Edit:
FH just informed me that ska is a kind of music. Why not use that?

Edited by: MissApril on Sep 8, 2010 8:52 PM

Life happens! I'm no longer WaitingForApril2010

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: MissApril

I would incorporate the Ska theme in by things other than decor. A focus on Ska music during the reception, and you could give out mix cd's as favors.

You could DIY fabric napkins that are black/white checkered, or even find paper napkins in that pattern. I just wouldn't do too much in that pattern, it might look overwelming. Do you just want the colors black and white?

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: Vineshia

Check out offbeatbride.com for ideas, there are definitely other brides out there with similar themes!

P.S. I'm not a vendor for them, just a fan. :)

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:43 AM Go to message in response to: Vineshia

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine