He asked my dad!

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

bk0404 Posts : 7 Registered: 9/4/10
He asked my dad!
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 10:43 AM

I just found out today that my boyfriend asked my dad for his blessing to ask me to marry him! I am so excited now I don't know what to do!! My boyfriend did recently tell me that in less than a year I will have a ring on my finger so now I am just trying to patiently wait for that special moment! This is going to be the longest year of my life :) Curious if anyone else has any stories of their boyfriends asking for the fathers blessing.

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Re: He asked my dad!
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: bk0404

Awwww. That is so sweet & gentlemanly.

bkurtz Posts : 11 Registered: 5/27/10
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: sassy411

I know! I was so so happy to find out that he had done that. It showed me what kind of man he really is.

SparkleBride Posts : 3 Registered: 9/4/10
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: bk0404

My fiance asked my father's permission while they were talking at my family picnic. they were two of the few who were sitting outside under the tents in the pouring rain. I did not know till after the engagement that THAT was what they were talking about. I dont know why or how you know, but that's kinda toturous to know its coming and not know when! be patient and just let it happen. :)

I got asked three months later.

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: bk0404

That is so exciting! congrats! cant wait to hear when you get engaged!

bk0404 Posts : 7 Registered: 9/4/10
Posted: Sep 6, 2010 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: SparkleBride

To the question of how I found out... My bf and I had talked about how he was going to ask my dad and how he was extremly nervous. So, I was talking to him about it the other day and he got this smirk on his face ( a tell tale sign he was trying to keep a secret). I asked him if he already asked my dad and he said yes and told me the whole story. Its so cute how we can't keep secrets from each other! so now i just have to wait patiently :/

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: bk0404

If he can't keep secrets from you, I don't think he will wait long to pop the question.

My fiance is the same exact way - he proposed 2 days after asking my dad :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine