Where are all the engaged couples planning to go on their honeymoon

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 26

VincesHuney Posts : 5 Registered: 11/25/08
Re: Where are all the engaged couples planning to go on their honeymoon
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 2:54 AM Go to message in response to: SPL

Me and FH will be mooning in New Olreans Baby!!! Wooo! I lived in Louisiana for ten years and so many people assume Katrina's havok is over but they are still so in need of revenue, and honestly, you don't need beaches to enjoy the coastal states (Poo on you BP!!!) hell just FH trying out cajun food in and of itself will be wildly entertaining!

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is!!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: VincesHuney

We had a split honeymoon right here in the....gasp...US! No foreign honeymoon for us! We spent 4 days in NYC and then 5days on the coast of Maine! perfect for us.

Kaylee4jc Posts : 1 Registered: 7/6/10
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: SPL

My fiance and I are on an extremely tight budget (both of us will just have graduated from college a month before the wedding). For our honeymoon we are going to some hotsprings in Canada. It's nothing super fancy or luxurious, but I am excited nonetheless =)

Azzura Posts : 21 Registered: 5/31/09
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: PAuLMA

Hi PAuLMA,

My fiance and I are getting married next July and really want to go to France for our honeymoon. We are teachers, so we have to go in the summer when it is busy. I am afraid to do it on our own because of how busy things can be in Europe in the summer months, especialy in Paris. I don't want to spend my honeymoon in lines. He is a history teacher, so I see a lot of museums in my future. I would really appreciate any advice you could give me about going to Paris tour free. Thank you so much.

~Erika

AlwaysSublime Posts : 28 Registered: 9/17/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: VincesHuney

Vinces ~

I will be in New Orleans in two weeks for my brother's wedding. It will be my first time in Louisiana! Technically the ceremony and reception will be at Fort Polk (he is in the Army) but my boyfriend and Mom and I are staying an extra two days to site-see in New Orleans. We will be happy to help their local economy. Mostly buying wine for my mom, and food for me and my boyfriend. :) Hope you have a great honeymoon! If you do read this, any pointers on where to visit while I am there?

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: Kaylee4jc

Kaylee4jc : Where about's in canada? There are lots of nice hotsprings around here in the West!

My SO has been all over: fiji, hawii, cancun(2x), australia, tahiti, and various cruises. He and I went to cancun for a week together when we had been dating 3 months and had a blast and have been to las vegas twice now together. I went to the same lake for 2 months every summer growing up and i'd be fine with doing that for the rest of my life but my so still wants to do a lot more travelling before settling down.

I think we will probably go to Australia for our honeymoon as his sis lives there so we would have a good take off point to a private resort for a week or so and then tour around and stay with his sis after that for a couple weeks. The flights there are killer though about $3000 round trip, $2200 if you get a smokin deal with 3 or 4 layovers.

I also love to dive but only ever get to in mountain lakes (boring). So I'd love to see the GBR!

bcnbride Posts : 7 Registered: 9/1/10
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 3:20 AM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Hi everyone,

I live in Spain (Barcelona) and we are planning a honeymoon to the Us. I was thinking about the west coast (California, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas), to end with a 4 day stay in Disneyworld Orlando. We are probably going to organize the whole thing on our own instead of booking a tour or package.

(Did you guess I love planning? Like I won't have enough to do with just the wedding)

Any advice on must-see's or cheap car hire companies?

My Blog: http://spanishwedding.wordpress.com/

DebauchedSage Posts : 2 Registered: 9/3/10
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 4:26 AM Go to message in response to: SPL

It's a funny story!

When we first started dating, my fiance planned to surprise me with a week at a very nice boutique hotel in town, the architecture and decor of which he knew I was absolutely in love with. His credit card had been maxxed out by recent travel expenses, and so he planned to pay in cash. When he arrived, however, the hotel refused to allow him to check in without a credit card. After a discussion of this policy with the clerk (a very sweet girl, for the record!), I offered to let the hotel place the balance on my debit card, which bears a MasterCard label. Unfortunately they refused, because it was technically a debit card, and not a credit card. It's a beautiful hotel, but they have rather annoying payment restrictions!

We ended up spending our stay-cation in a less luxurious hotel. While I would have been content with a no-tell motel as long as I was with him, my fiance was fuming, and swore up and down that one day, he'd get us a room there if it was the last thing he did. Now his credit card balance has been paid down, and our wedding night is going to be spent in a deluxe suite in the hotel that rebuffed us.

The next day, we're going to hop a plane and spend a few days in Seattle--it isn't far away from home, but I love the Cascades, the Olympics, and Puget Sound more than I could ever enjoy a tropical getaway.

FutureMrsM Posts : 8 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: SPL

Fiji and Australia are awesome choices. I've been to fiji and i would highly recommend it to anyone!! either place you will have an awesome time! We are also torn in a decision. I want to go to Ireland and He wants to go to Hawaii, so we have to come to a decision sooner or later...Either spot will be awesome, and who knows we may pick somewhere different all together!

SpookyBride Posts : 2 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsM

My FH and I are probably going to stay very close to home for the initial honeymoon, but come next tax season if we've saved up enough we'll go somewhere fun :D

*~*~* bRiDe tO bE *~*~*

babyhugs82 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: SpookyBride

My fiance and I have several places we would love to go, but unfortunately, due to financial constrictions we probably won't be able to do any of them.

I'm wondering...What does everyone know about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Would that maybe be something he and I could enjoy??

NightfallenRain Posts : 120 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: SPL

I looked up the Carnival cruises online my mom has been on two of them and said YOU HAVE TO GO ON ONE! hahah! and saw one for Turks and Caicos and the Bahamas and my future husband is really liking that one ... so I believe that's the one we'll go with!

"The woman came from a man's rib.  Not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine