Don't want to use an RSVP card

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Re: Don't want to use an RSVP card
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: mariewedding

OP, I think including a phone number and 1 electronic medium (either the website, or email) would be fine as an RSVP method. I think response cards are a waste of time and money as people seem to forget and you end up calling guests anyway.

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

I didn't read all the responses, I just wanted to share what we did:

We included a slip of paper with our invitations that said RSVP in huge letters at the top, followed by a brief message to contact either myself or my then-fiance via phone call, text, or e-mail (with all our information printed there) to let us know if they would or wouldn't make it and that we appreciated the response.

We didn't care HOW people told us, just that we'd know. We figured that nearly everyone has a phone in their pocket or is online so it'd be less work that even mailing a postcard RSVP.

People used every method suggested and then some: face to face, on Facebook, or through the family grape-vine (several of the older guests communicated with our parents or grandparents). No one complained about the lack of "traditional" postcards and the response rate was great. There were very few people that we had to track down after the given deadline.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Dear Rose,

If I were getting married today, that's exactly what I would do. Why enrich the stationery companies?

mariewedding Posts : 13 Registered: 5/11/10
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:48 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Thanks everyone for your responses. Whew! All good input.

We've decided to do a combo. My MOH is a designer, so she's designing the invites, and including an RSVP card with a space for people to put in their birthdays and a note about why we need that. We figured that the only extra cost will be the postage, since we would HAVE to include a paper somehow instructing people to rsvp online or through the phone and all the reasons why we needed that for base/etc. So it won't be hundreds of dollars, it will be about an extra $150. Then on our website, which is password protected (we will give our guests a viewing password to enter it), they can also rsvp.

I'd love to skip out on the stamps, or make the rsvp cards a postcard, but because we're asking for people's birthdays, we can't make it a postcard.. and I think that not including a stamp would be sort of ghetto.

Anyone have any advice on wording for rsvps? We want people to know that anyone that the invite is addressed to is invited. In other words, anyone left off of the invite is not. This is important because we're inviting kids that we're close to, but not allowing ALL kids to come (like some random teenagers that we've never met who wouldn't really want to come anyway). Any tips?

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: mariewedding

People SHOULD know that who's on the invite is invited.

But we all know how that goes.

If you get an RSVP for more than who's invited -

Call said person.

You - I see that you replied that you Marge, Bart and Lisa would be attending. I'm sorry but Bart and Lisa are not included on the invite.

Can I still put you and Marge down as a yes?

EDIT - Darn it AOTB - now you got me doing it!! And I don't even LIKE the Simpsons!

Edited by: PharmToxGirl on Sep 2, 2010 9:59 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine