Anyone else unofficially engaged?

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 115

aisle_dasher Posts : 3 Registered: 8/31/10
Re: Anyone else unofficially engaged?
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I don't believe in an "unoffical engagement", simply because I think giving my relationship such a status would make it less exciting when he actually pops the question.

My boyfriend and I talk about our ideas for our wedding day, who will stand up, etc, but that's private talk. When anyone asks us if we're getting hitched soon, I simply reply, "We'll make an annoucement when there's an announcement to make". I don't share what details we've already discussed because I know no one truly cares until the question has been asked and the ring is on my finger.

For those who are "unofficially engaged", I do understand your excitement that you're in the process of possibily getting engaged, so I will not judge :o) To each her own.

JoeandSherita Posts : 4 Registered: 6/27/10
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: runningfortheal...

Well I definately consider us as being "unofficially" engaged. We have decided that we're getting married. We've been talking with a wedding planner and have already set a date. We've told our family but haven't made an official announcement to our friends. At this point, I don't have a ring. But that hasn't stopped me from continuing to make plans, or for us to have serious conversations about our wedding. Personally, I think he is still paying for the ring and he keeps telling me that's he planning to suprise me :0)

Wedding Tickers

Jewls0283 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/8/06
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

This is exactly where I am!

Him: I want to marry you
Me: I want to marry you too

no ring or date yet, but he is my fiance! :-)

cphillips361 Posts : 3 Registered: 9/20/10
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 1:41 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I'm with you on that one girl. I'm unofficially engaged myself. It's been discussed and we are definately going to get married, but my baby wants to do it right. He wants to wait until he has the ring and gets down on one knee. We've discussed a few of the details like the time of year, and location and all. Just waiting on that ring.

Alisha1190 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/17/10
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

OK, my serious bf and I are absolutely unofficially engaged. This is what happened: He proposed to me on spring break in gatlinburg TN, however he did so without the parents permission. Apparently my sister decided to tell my rents that i had told her we would probly get engaged when i went back to TN from Fl on my break. Needless to say, he told them he would wait til my sophmore year. So i said well im just going to wear the ring on my right hand ring finger as a promise ring. BC there is no point in getting another ring just to say eventually we'll be engaged. So, im a sophmore now and i'm waiting for him to pop the question at any time! I'm so excited. But bc the ring is not allowed to by on my left hand yet we are totally not engaged, even though everyone knows we will get married in 2012! - Alisha

Rin2313 Posts : 15 Registered: 5/3/10
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Alisha1190

I was in the same situation as Alisha. My fiance proposed when we were young. My parents thought we should wait until we were a bit older and dated longer. So we knew we wanted to get married, even discussed wedding plans, but waited to be "official" to please the parents. So I get what you guys are going through.

SoonToBeMrsG Posts : 3 Registered: 10/4/10
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I believe we are going to get my ring this weekend! We already have the date, venue, caterer, DJ, I have my dress, our save the dates arrived in the mail on Saturday and when I showed them to him, I think that's when it kinda hit him. We've been dealing with family issues (illnesses, excess travel, long hours at work, school etc.) and it's put everything else on hold but I've had to keep on it all, to make sure we hit our deadlines and stay the course.
When I was talking to my mom about her dress, he pulled up the pictures of the rings I had picked out this summer. As soon as I hung up with my Mom, he said "Okay, which one is it you want for sure? It's up to you. I'm tired of waiting, lets just go get it this weekend and then we'll have it." lol
I said "Great, because I have to get yours too and I rather do it before the end of the year".

I so can't wait!

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

such a dumb term but yes i am in-between getting engaged and being in a serious relationship: AKA he will propose any day now. IDK why we have to have a new term. Can't you just say I'm waiting to get engaged like the forum is kind of called?

SoonToBeMrsG Posts : 3 Registered: 10/4/10
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Not anymore...got my bling this weekend! :0)
It feels very official now.

krys13 Posts : 6 Registered: 10/10/10
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

i am also unofficially engaged...my guy is working hard to get enough money to get me the right ring. We have told my family about us wanting to get engaged by next summer. It's exciting and hard at the same time. We are planning the little details of the wedding right now. lol. but are leaving the major ones for when we do get engaged. To all you other unofficials out there, good luck and god bless

lilcole1136361 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/17/08
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: independant2406

Hooray for unofficial engagement!
My boyfriend and I are unofficially engaged, we are moving across the country to start a new life together after he graduates in May. He told me that he would like to get engaged before we go so we can celebrate with friends and family while we are still in the state. We have picked out rings and are just waiting until finances truly become available (Hello Tax Refund!).
It's good to hear that other women are going through the same thing. Our friends know we have looked at rings, I can't keep something like that a secret, but we are not going to consider ourselves engaged until he pops the question.
All that's left to say is congrats to us unofficially engaged ladies and may our day shine bright and beautiful when it comes!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine