having children. . . . .

Online Users: 1,359 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

jessc2010 Posts : 19 Registered: 2/7/10
having children. . . . .
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 2:48 PM

First I want to start by saying that I'm young. I have always LOVED babies and toddlers. I like to hold other people's babies and I like to watch my cousin's 8 month old. But, I don't know if having children of my own is right for me because I simply just do not like kids! I have 2 younger sisters and a younger brother. If they're older than about 5 they irritate me. So my question for those of you who have children is, did you ever feel that way, and if so. . . . .do those feelings change once you have a child of your own?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: having children. . . . .
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: jessc2010

Dear Jess,

You obviously have a lot of maturing to do. Give yourself a few years, then see how you feel about it.

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: jessc2010

I think you should wait a while before you make a final decision. I was never a big fan of being around kids, then I got married and my husband and I had a baby. Now I can't imagine my life without my daughter and we have another on the way!

See how your way of thinking changes as you get older? That's why I say wait a while before you make a decision.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Dear Diva,

"we have another on the way! "

Great!

If the new baby is even half as adorable as the one you have now, the Cuteness Index of the world will increase measureably!

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: jessc2010

I had my daughter when I was 19. I am proof you should wait! I missed out on alot of things, and really had to bust my butt to get where I'm at now.

Babies are fun and adorable. I would love to have a baby right now, but I'm only 28, and I now realize you MUST wait until you truly are ready.

Remember to use your birth control correctly, and Plan B is available over the counter in case your contraception fails!

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: jessc2010

I don't want kids. I'm 30 years old, and I always said I'm not having kids since I was 10. I just don't have any connect with kids. Many people say that I would change my mind later on, but I know I won't. My mother has accepted the fact she won't have grandkids from me.
But kids are drawn toward me though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 2:32 AM Go to message in response to: JessyNChris

It does change when it's your own. Obviously, wait until you're ready. I never wanted kids and I have limited patience. I still don't really care for other kids much. Everyone used to tell me how different it is when it's YOUR kid and I never believed them. Now, I see it.

Nat (23) Nate (33) L&E- March 17, 2010 A- January 26, 2011

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: jessc2010

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine