30 days left -- Need Tips!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

CarrieMeg Posts : 8 Registered: 12/15/09
30 days left -- Need Tips!!
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 10:02 AM

Hello lovely ladies (and gents!)!

I have just reached the 30-day mark until the big day (technically 31, but that numgers is not as fun!). I am incredibly excited, but also starting to get a little frantic. That's where you all come in!

For those of you who have already done this, or who have helped someone else done this, I need your help. What are the last minute things I should be doing in the last few weeks leading up to the wedding? I want to be as beautiful as possible, so what routines, etc. should I begin?

What tips do you have for me?? Thanks so much!!!

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Re: 30 days left -- Need Tips!!
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: CarrieMeg

Hi Carrie! Boy it feels good to be on this end of the question hehe. I got married this past July and I can honestly tell you the last couple days before my wedding I was about 85% free- to do the spa thing - pampering myself and spending some last minute much needed R and R with my girls (esp since I was moving away right after the wedding). The 15% of no free time was due to things that just couldnt be done earlier - picking up bouquets, taking all decorations to the church, rehearsal..but thats fun!

What I had started doing around 30 (or 31 hehe) days before was just getting myself fully calm and then proceeding to either write down or grab my bm (the one that was most involved and knew evvverything) and talk myself through the entire day. Making a rough timeline and at the same time going into details. For example, start with you - think of everything that you need to put on you that day (shoes, jewelry, etc) and make sure its all grouped together. Ceremony - what decorations or things you need to have there with you - group those together and write each one down. Reception - visualize exactly what the guest tables/all other tables and fixtures need to have on them and write every single thing down so you can check it off as "confirmed with vendor/whoever will be setting things up for you". Do you have everything for your cake table figured out and available - that should (you guessed it -) be grouped together as well :)

Im just giving you these as examples so hopefully that makes sense to you lol but it made everything just come together for me from doing that a couple times. Just keep yourself calm and dont panic when halfway down the list from when you wake up to when you leave the reception you realize theres about 101 things that you still need to purchase :) Just take one at a time and work to make it happen :)

I just kept telling myself there is NO WAY that I wont enjoy my wedding day because of stress and nerves after I spent the last 10 months ripping my hair out over shades of yellow and insignificant things that people wont remember. :) Good luck and congratulations!!

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: CarrieMeg

Ahh, sorry I didnt realize that was gonna be so long!! :P

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 6:04 AM Go to message in response to: CarrieMeg

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine