October 2011 Brides

Online Users: 1,323 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Re: October 2011 Brides
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I made up the prototype for the cards that we'll be using in place of a traditional guestbook. Our cards are based off of this design that I found online:

3391001.jpg picture by Luca44

After the wedding I'll put all the cards in a small book.

Sorry that I have so many posts! I'm kind of in hyper-planning mode right now! LOL

Posted: May 26, 2010 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I ordered favor tags today on ebay to use on my favors or maybe even on the bubbles. I bought 60 tags for under $10. I was going to do them myself but this will be a lot easier if they turn out okay.
I bought ones like these but with a slightly different fall leaf design on them.
b10f_35.jpg picture by Luca44

Posted: May 27, 2010 5:59 AM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

We had to change our date because from now on the park will only be available from May 30th to September 30th. So we're going with the 25th probably. 485 days away!!

KellyP Posts : 1 Registered: 5/30/10
Posted: May 30, 2010 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

I have NO IDEA what I am going to do for my OCTOBER "wedding" well vow renewals. I'm so excited about having it in the fall on Long Island where I grew up. Its going to be beautiful with all the colors on the lake. I think I want to go with more of a rustic theme but I have no flip floppin idea. I don't know what colors I want what flowers I want...and my husband is NO help well...wish me luck. AND CONGRATS ON EVERYONE's ENGAGEMENTS:)
O&X'S

HaidynP Posts : 10 Registered: 2/20/10
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 7:49 AM Go to message in response to: KellyP

I am planning a vow renewal for October 2011 too. We are going to have a very small anniversary party where we will take a few minutes and renew our vows. We're just going to go with autumn colors and a few simple decorations for the party.

HiSkolSwtHrt Posts : 2 Registered: 6/22/10
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hi there! I am looking at planning a wedding October 29, 2011. My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage and while we are not engaged yet, he says it is soon to happen. I guess I'm getting a little carried away with starting to look up things but I have been dreaming of my wedding day since I was a child. I love autumn and the colors are beautiful so that is why I chose it. But I was wondering if you have an advice for me since I will be planning a wedding soon?

valeroo224730 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/8/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hi, I'm Val! this is my first time posting, and I'm also planning on October 2011 for my wedding :-) I think we decided on the 15th.

We're going to check out a venue on Friday (that comes with a caterer), we have a photographer, my fiance is going to do the invitations because he does graphic design, my friend is going to do my hair, and I'm going to try and wear my mom's wedding dress if I can get it altered for a reasonable price (because it looks super 80s)..we have a lot done already but I'm still starting to stress about everything for some reason!

amesa10018256 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/24/10
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hi, this is my first time posting, I'll also be getting married in October 2011. We have chosen the 22nd.

We have alreadt picked out the church, photographer, videographer and dj, now we are working on finding the venue.

APennyNLove Posts : 1 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I'm getting married October 1, 2011 (10-01-11) in New Orleans. We've so far got the venue booked. The majority of the tasks are either being done by friends/family or for free by a professional who we've known for years. We're doing our flowers, and catering ourselves. The videography and photography are being handled by friends, the band is headed up by our best man's younger brother (who is a professional jazz musician), I'm making my bridesmaids dresses (seeing as i'm a designer), one of my bridesmaids is a graphic designer and is doing all of our stationary, and our get away car is a vintage ford that belongs to my fiance's grandfather. Other than the venue and the alcohol, most of the wedding will be free for us. Thank god i'm a little ocd about organization for the wedding!

Inspirations Live Forever In The Hearts Of Those Inspired.

Latasha Posts : 5 Registered: 8/17/10
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hello,

I'm getting married on October 7, 2011. I love pink so I'm incorporating a pink and brown wedding as my theme. However, I'm still deciding what type of pink...either a soft or a fuschia type of pink...(let me know some of your suggestions)...I'm also using cupcakes for my wedding as well...I'm going to have the traditional first couple of tiers with a traditional wedding cake, then jazz it up with several tiers of cupcakes underneath of it....I'm still pondering of what type of flowers and the color of the flowers that I should use.....My venue and the church is already taken care of...now we're just trying to see who's the best photographer to use for the wedding along with our engagement pictures so we can use the magnet save the date reminders...

Edited by: Latasha on Aug 31, 2010 7:01 PM

JoeandSherita Posts : 4 Registered: 6/27/10
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hello Everyone!
I'm very excited! We're getting married in October 2011 in Savannah, Ga. I am looking forward to reading what everyone is doing for their wedding!

Wedding Tickers

Jaceyyy Posts : 1 Registered: 9/22/10
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hey ladies,

I recently just got engaged and after lots of thinking we've decided to try to have the wedding on October 22, 2011. I'm so excited but a little flustered after looking at all the things to plan. I know where to start but the hard part is actually getting started! We're a fairly young couple; I'm 20, he's 22. We want a laid-back, romantic wedding. He wants something outside and while I think it would definitely be beautiful, I'm a little hesitant because of the weather. None the less, we want it to be a very sweet and personal event. I'm so excited to start the planning process! Congrats on everyone's engagements! If anyone has any great ideas, please help me out :)

Good Luck!
Jacey

danixbanani Posts : 3 Registered: 9/30/10
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: Jaceyyy

hello ladies!

I've booked my wedding for October 14, 2011. So far we have our venue which is the Swan Club in Long Island. I also already have place card holders and am working on a wedding dress :) (stressful!).

My color theme is dark eggplant purple and burnt orange. My bridesmaids (I have 7) will be wearing dark eggplant purple dresses and their bouquets will be oranges and yellows going along with my "Fall (in love)" theme. I'll have a purple bouquet and purple shoes to match. The groomsmen will also have purple vests/ties to go with their tuxes.

I'm very excited but this is crazy! I'm not stressed yet just a little overwhelmed at all there is to do but I have lovely family and friends that are seriously helping me along the way.

For favors, I'm definitely leaning toward candy apples and possible these leaf shaped lollipops that I found on amazon.

Anyway, just wanted to share some of my story. Very exciting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

TracyEsq Posts : 15 Registered: 8/27/10
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: danixbanani

We're booked for October 15, 2011! So excited to get a date in October, just like I wanted. Hoping to have an outdoor ceremony and take all my pictures before hand while it's still light out.

Demi_Jas Posts : 1 Registered: 10/5/10
Posted: Oct 5, 2010 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: MzMorena

Hello Month Buddies! My name is Demetria, getting married to a truly wonderful man, that I have grown to love beyond anything I ever thought I would have felt. His name is Jason. Our date is October 29, 2011. We have both the ceremony site and reception site figured out, we are doing tours this week and if all goes well, putting down security deposits! :)

I look foward to sharing this journey with you all....and if anyone has a wedding blog, I will be happy to visit!

Demi & Jas

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine