Traditional Wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

muriel1503 Posts : 3 Registered: 5/12/09
Traditional Wedding
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 12:19 PM

Having a traditional wedding need advice as to hair. I have long dark brown hair, my fiance likes long hair, but I am torn between natural hair color for my traditional wedding or going back to highlights.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Re: Traditional Wedding
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: muriel1503

I don't think having or not having highlights in your hair has anything to do with your wedding being 'traditional'. Unless of course you were planning on some obscure color (pink, purple, bright green, etc). If your wedding is traditional, in the sense that it is very formal, I would suggest an updo.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't think my natural hair color mattered at first but then it was brought to my attention by someone I know that anything other than being natural and pure would not be "appropriate" for a traditional wedding, so I second guest myself. But an updo is the direction I am headed. Thank you again

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: muriel1503

Dear Muriel,

" brought to my attention by someone I know that anything other than being natural and pure would not be "appropriate" for a traditional wedding"

I am 56 years old, had an Etiquette Queen for a grandmother and have been to zillions of weddings. I've read all the books such as Miss Manners, Emily Post, etc.

No where, at no time in my experience with weddings have I ever heard that dyed hair would not be appropriate for a traditional wedding. It's simply never come up.

Furthermore, I can't imagine my own mother, who was as Traditional as they come, eschewing hair dye for her wedding. I never saw my mother with her own natural hair in my life. Not even on her deathbed. Mom went to Meet Her Maker as a bottle blonde.

So long as you are happy with the results, I'd say go for it.

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thank you for your advice.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: muriel1503

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine