October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,335 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 1,708

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

Waiting: I really don't know what to say to you. Ask around for an alterationist who specializes in bridal wear. I would stay away from out of the home business. Also, I'm worried that you may have lost too much weight (What a great problem, right?)to have your original dress altered to the size you are now. Let us know how it goes.

Ladies,

I've had such a busy day. I ordered my flower girl baskets and they are amazing. I'm in love with etsy! Here it is: I couldn't seem to paste the picture so here is the link to everything.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39996288@N06/4938507641/

I also got my garter and the guest book. I need to find a really great pen to go with it so wish me luck! My grandmother, the old fashioned lady that she is, made me get personalized napkins for when they pass around the cake so I got those as well. They are cranberry (a really deep red) with gold foil writing. Very pretty!

I also addressed and began to stamp my invitations. Lucky me...only 116 more stamps needed. I'm going early in the morning to the post office to get stamps and get those in the mail by tomorrow!

Oh! I almost forgot. I found this beautiful white satin dress to wear after the reception. It's got a plunging neckline in the front and the back with a beautiful brooch in the middle on the front. The hem is also not even all the way around (don't know how to explain...it isn't asymetrical though) It hits around my knees and is a great party/dancing dress! I need to find a pair of colorful heels to go with it so if anyone has a shoe site they love let me know!

Edited by: RebeccaFazzio on Aug 29, 2010 3:03 PM

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca I love love LOVE your flower girl basket!! :)

I'm in the process now of addressing and stamping the invites as well. I want to get them mailed out this coming week.

I still need to get table numbers. Since I am way above and beyond budget I am just getting plain ones.

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

How much is everyone tipping their DJ and Photographer?

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

I was wonderng about tips myself but I am not sure how much I should give them....is $50 each too much?

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I found this to be very helpful...

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/wedding-vendor-tipping-cheat-sheet.aspx?MsdVisit=1

I'm watching my wedding fund slowly disappear. It is so sad. I always heard how expensive weddings are, but I donít think you truly understand until it is coming out of your own pocket!

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 11:59 AM
I found this to be very helpful...

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/wedding-vendor-tipping-cheat-sheet.aspx?MsdVisit=1

I'm watching my wedding fund slowly disappear. It is so sad. I always heard how expensive weddings are, but I donít think you truly understand until it is coming out of your own pocket!

GIRL ME TO IM VERY SHOCKED.....BUT WE R LUCKY THAT MY GRANDPARENTS R PAYING FOR MOST EVERYTHING BUT STILL GOSH WEDDINGS ARE ALOT!!

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: greenandblack

Ladies, what a crazy few days it's been. I don't have the energy to post it all, but I will say that mine and Eric's couples shower was on Saturday and we had a lot of fun. My best friend found this hilarious game that we played, that involved a roll of toilet paper and a plunger. Google it, it's soooo much fun. What made it even more fun was Eric's grandpa and grandma playing along too.

This morning, one of my front teeth cracked, right down the middle! And it was barely hanging on, one good flick of the tongue and it would have been gone. I FREAKED!!!!!!!!!! We've got, what, about 7 weeks til the big day and this happens! Luckily I got in to the dentist right away and she is fixing it. Temporary crown on right now, permenant one in a few weeks. Hallelujah.

Beyond that, there is just too much going on for me to write it out today. We're getting close girls!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

hey ladies!
Well, we have a very busy past week of wedding planning! We got all of our music picked out, except for the father daughter dance. (apparently my Dad cant make up his mind! lol). We have the ceremony music done. got a preliminary timeline all set. Even got our marriage license!

But, on a fun wedding planning note, my fiance and I met up with out photographer and had a really fun engagement shoot! we ended up going down to NJ and got really great shots in the park, in front of the NY skyline, and a fun alleyway with cobblestone streets!
here is a link to the photographers blog:
http://www.meredithmascola.com/blog/

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

Nice pictures toast! Is this the same photographer you have for your wedding?

My dad and I can't decide on a father daughter song. We may just end up picking an instrumental song.

Amanda, I saw your pics on Facebook of your shower and it looked like you all had a great time!

I didn't realize weddings were so pricy either until I am seeing our money slowly disappear. It's sad.

We still have to pick our music and I still have to figure out how to do the ceremony programs. Other than that everything is pretty much all set to go! We are almost a month away from the big day!! Oh...did I mention that last week I had my hair and make up trial? (I don't remember if I posted about it) It was fun and I got over my fear of make up haha. My favorite is my hair!! I dont even want to wear my veil anymore beacause it will cover my hair. I think I'm just going to wear it for the ceremony. The ladies who are doing my hair and make up said they have to start at 7am on wedding day!! My goodness that is wicked early. But my ceremony is at 12:30 so that's why.

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

yes cheetah, she will be our wedding photographer as well.

post pics of your hair and makeup trial! I wanna see! Are you sure you wont still be able to see your hair thru your veil? i mean, the veil is still see-thru somewhat unless it is really big and bushy. but yeah, you can just wear it for the ceremony and then decide if you want to take it off or not. :)

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Here are some pics of my hair and make up trial. I dont wear makeup everyday so to me it doesnt even look like me lol!

Photobucket

I LOVE my hair!
Photobucket

Wedding look: I want my veil back away from my face! I wonder if I can do that with the type of veil I have.
Photobucket

The veil covers my beautiful hair. I want the thin veil where the hair still shows. But stupid me didnt realize the type of veil I got and I ended up spending $70 on it and now I dont even want it!
Photobucket

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

cheetah- you look so pretty! i love the hair!!
if i were you, i would probably leave the veil out. I think it sort of takes away from the beauty of your natural hair. i like just the small tiara and then thats it. Or, if you wanted a little something extra, maybe the hairdresser could add some small flowers behind the tiara? something like baby's breathe?

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Thanks Toast :) Baby's breath sounds lovely! But what do I do with my veil? I paid a lot of money for it.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

sell it?
craigslist, ebay, etc.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

this weekend is a big wedding production weekend for us!
We got the boys fitted for their tuxes yesterday and started the favors. Made all the tags and started to wash out the mugs that are part of the favors. We are doing mugs filled with apple cider mix! yum!

Today I have a friend coming over to help withe the favors, so hopefully we can get those all done this weekend.

Tomorrow I need to work on the boutonniŤre for the guys too. busy, busy!

Has anyone had issues with their bridesmaids not getting their dresses? One of mine STILL, 3 weeks later, has not paid the balance! We only have 34 more days until the wedding!! She still needs to mail a check, wait for the check to clear, and then I need to mail it to her!
Ugh! She is driving me nuts!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine