Park City or Vail?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Park City or Vail?
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 7:43 PM

I love the idea of a wedding in the mountains (there are precious few here in Michigan), and we are trying to decide between Park City Utah, or Vail Colorado. The idea being to have our wedding in a ski town during summer (probably June 2012?)for a great location, but at more affordable rates than their winter season.

We've just come back from a trip to Park City, and are in love! But, we haven't been to Vail for comparison. Any thoughts as to which is best??

Re: Park City or Vail?
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

We're going on a vacation to Vail early this fall so we can compare the two! Can you say, exciting!!!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

Have fun!! Just imo, as someone who lives in the mountain area, Vail is incredibly overpriced. But, if it's what you like best and is in your budget, go for it.

Have you ever visited Estes Park? I don't know, there are many beautiful mountain communities, not all as overpriced as Vail. Vail isn't as bad as Aspen, but then nothing here in CO is!!

Have fun though, hope you find a location you love. Also, keep in mind that some of the 'resorts' in ski areas here have no air conditioning. That was even the case in Aspen. I was on a work CLE there with my husband who came along as a mini vacation for when I wasn't in classes, etc, and we were absolutely miserably hot. All they had were these tiny, teeny tiny little rotating fans. And, the rooms were very worn, old and not kept up. When people ski, they tend to have a bunch to a room and never be in the rooms, SO

while I think it's a great idea, you'll have fun looking, etc, just keep those things in mind so you make sure there are no unpleasant surprises later on!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Wow! Thanks! I have been in Estes Park, which was just beautiful. I had heard about the strange lack of air conditioning, maybe years before, but had forgotten it until you mentioned it!

My hubby-to-be and I are strongly leaning towards Park City over any other, and are moving toward just having some fun on the trip, as opposed to serious wedding scouting. But if I (did I say I? I meant to say 'we' of course! lol!)fall in love with a certain place, we'll see!

Or, I could just give up the mountains and get married on Mackinac Island... :) Three more months, and I need to have it decided.

alex1546 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/27/10
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

Hi Kelli,

I live in Aspen, CO and absolutely love it! I'd like to offer some advice and please feel free to ask any questions that are Aspen specific or mountain town in general!

In any mountain town you will be hard pressed to not have gorgeous pictures. Having an outdoor wedding is particualry beautiful. In CO there are afternoon showers fairly frequently, I'm not sure how Park City is but I would definitely keep that in mind through out your planning.

While planning, I would also look at the chamber list of events during June. Some events can be large and make accommodations pricy, but you should be able to find a weekend that works.

It is true that a lot of places do not have air conditioning, but in June it isn't too hot. There are lots of ways to minimize the heat - keeping the shades down, staying near a river, asking for a portable AC unit, etc.

If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me!

Warmly,
Alex

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

OP, have fun!! I know the PP alex, who appears suspicious with one post plugging Aspen (THE most expensive CO mountain area available!!) said June isn't hot. Well, that's when we were there. We were miserable.

I still love Estes Park though!! Georgetown is another favorite tiny mountain town, and there are some really pretty areas in parks by Estes too, actually all over.

Anyway, hope you have fun figuring out where you want to go for your wedding!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

We're back! Now I'm more confused than ever! lol! They are BOTH so beautiful. Sigh... At least I have the choice. I should be grateful! I suppose it will come down to the benefits of individual locations, hotels, etc. More research, here I come!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3128 is just $409.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine