Colorful Jewelry?

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Colorful Jewelry?
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 6:52 PM

I've been planning on wearing a pretty basic strand of pearls for my wedding, but I just came across a necklace that got me thinking... It's a strand of round light gold colored crystals. Gold is my accent color, and I really like the idea, but I've never thought of wearing anything else other than white pearls before.

How many of you are wearing pearls for your wedding? Anyone wearing anything more colorful?

Here's the necklace:
Gold Crystal Necklace

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Colorful Jewelry?
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

I love the idea of colorful jewelry. Many fashion magazines are showing color--not even subtle color, but gold, turquoise, even black jewelry. A friend of ours wore a white dress with a black sash, jet jewelry, a black feather "fascinator" and red shoes. She looked fantastic. My daughter wore an ivory dress and a necklace, earrings, and hair pins in aurora borealis, a stone that reflects different colors, but mostly pink (you can see her picture on our website). I think your golden stones will look beautiful and different.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: myras

Thanks! If I were more bold (confident) I would go with a ivory dress heavy with gold draping and deep red jewelry... but I'm not, so it looks like a ivory dress with gold jewelry!

Now, if I can only decide on a veil... :)

Del3 Posts : 113 Registered: 11/1/06
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

I say go for the color!

My colors were navy and gold. So I wore a gold chain with yellow sapphires and yellow sapphire earrings.

It's kind of funny. I never even considered wearing pearls. I think that was mainly due to the look of the bodice of my dress. But try both necklaces on with your dress and see which one you like better for the overall look.

angiebgreat Posts : 11 Registered: 8/20/10
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

I have seen a lot of brides do some beautiful and bold jewelry and just love the look. Also you might consider the "something borrowed" be that colorful accent too! It then adds something more special as well as looking smashing!

Edited by: angiebgreat on Sep 2, 2010 10:14 AM

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: angiebgreat

I'm getting it! Will post pics when they get here!!!

peacockprincess Posts : 4 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 9:39 AM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

Yes, color is so in! You could check your "something blue" right off the list by adding a ring with a sapphire or blue quartz. Best wishes!

I love you more today than I did yesterday; tomorrow, I'll love you even more.

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: peacockprincess

I got the jewelry just before we left for vacation! VERY happy!! I feel like a bride!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine