HELP! Tux colors with my wedding colors!!

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

maemaeober Posts : 8 Registered: 7/5/09
HELP! Tux colors with my wedding colors!!
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 9:49 PM

Alright..here's my dilemma:
My colors are bright purple, cobalt-royal blue, and green. My dress is Adorae by Sottero and Midgley in Ivory! I'm wearing these Cobalt Blue Fergie Shoes as my something blue. http://www.polyvore.com/fergie_womens_safra_shoes_blue/thing?id=12756421

My girls are most likely going to be wearing this dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_17087D-17087D_Special-Occasions-Features-All-Dresses

I have no idea what my groom and his guys should wear! I'm almost certain they won't want to wear the pink-ish purple color of my bridesmaid dresses and I'm not sure what the blue color would look like...would it be too opposite of my girls? I've come down to just the boring black and white colors.

I also don't want my groom to wear ivory...it's too boring..lol!

I just need some ideas,please!! :]

save the date

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Re: HELP! Tux colors with my wedding colors!!
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 2:16 AM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

I actually think putting the guys in black tux's with blue vests and ties would look cute with the fuschia, it could definitely work if their boutinieres are a fuschia colored flower.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

I'm a big believer in avoiding the "matchy-matchy" thing for grooms (even for ties and vests). Grooms look best in neutrals (black, brown,navy, charcoal) with accessories in neutral tones or subtle metallics. For your particular party, if you don't want to do black, one of the grey tones for suits or tuxes would look great. Accessories in platinum or pewter would set off the look.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

angiebgreat Posts : 11 Registered: 8/20/10
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

Ok have to ask where are you getting married, to me it also about the venue..

gillie8197 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/20/10
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

You can never go wrong with a black tux and white shirt. It is classic for a reason, so it's best to not deviate from something that has been tradition for a few 100 years.

Posted: Aug 23, 2010 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: angiebgreat

I'm getting married at the admiral on clear lake!! :) you can google it and they have a website!

save the date

angiebgreat Posts : 11 Registered: 8/20/10
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

WOW What a beautiful venue, ok here are my thoughts/suggestions. For the wedding Id go with the traditional Black Tux most definately, and then comes the reception for a touch of flash and fun Id have the guys have some fun, let them pick out a fun tie or cummberbund withor without the jackets as they come in, of course matching the colors of the girls dress! Let them show their personalities plus make it memorable.

Saying that we dont want to go over board with the embarassing moments of fun (ie: Bethanys Wedding jumping into the waterpond LOL even though it was funny) But it makes for great memories, you are all relaxed at that time and want to end with fun!

My Husband did just that on our wedding, I had no idea what he was up to, for the wedding he had his black tux, formal tie etc, then the wedding reception came and he had a bright red bow tie on (our wedding was in december right after xmas) and had some great bright xmas socks so when we danced we laughed, had great pics of the evening etc...

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: angiebgreat

LOL! that does sound fun, my mom and I went and looked at Men's Warehouse today!! They gave us some good ideas..like having a black jacket,white shirt,black vest and a bright blue tie; to make it match my bridesmaids, we could make their boutonnieres the bridesmaids dress color! :] I was actually thinking about making some dress socks in our wedding colors, I thought it would be a cute idea!!! Yeah, that video was horrible...I almost sent it to his Best Man saying PLEASE Don't do this to me! (He gets really nervous in front of people and I could see him doing it!!!)..haha

save the date

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: maemaeober

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine