Full Coverage Make Up For Wedding Day

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Full Coverage Make Up For Wedding Day
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 12:01 PM

I've decided to do my own makeup on the big day and I'm in the market for some full coverage foundation. I use Clinique for my daily makeup needs but thought this day will require something more long lasting and flawless. I've heard a lot of people swear by M.A.C products, but have never used them myself. If anyone can offer any makeup suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I'd also love to hear from former brides for do's, don'ts, and advice on wedding day makeup.

I found this great tutorial below that is pretty much exactly what I'm looking to achieve with the look of my makeup. The makeup line itself is mineral based, but I've never favored mineral makeup for full coverage needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcLHg1m6xH4&feature=player_embedded

Re: Full Coverage Make Up For Wedding Day
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Additionally, does anyone have any experience with the Jane Iredale product line? I wasn't that interested in it at first but the more I watch that video clip the more my curiosity is peaked.

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I haven't tried the make up from Jane Iredale, but I do use the POMMISST hydration spray. I use maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse and then i top it off with Pyssicians Formula mineral wear loose powder to give my skin a smooth look so it doesn't look gunky. The Matte mousse is light weight and feels like you're not wearing make up.
Good luck and congrats!

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I really love Make Up Forever's HD Foundation, and put on with a foundation brush it looks just wonderful with a lot of coverage. A nice trick is to follow up with a pressed (or loose I suppose) powder foundation on top of your liquid foundation. Experiment putting the powder foundation on with a brush or a sponge (thicker, but more flawless). Dior's powder foundation is really nice, but there's not a great deal of difference in most powder foundations.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

I haven't quite got the hang of using a foundation brush yet. Whenever I apply liquid foundation with my fingers I seem to get more even coverage. Right now I use Clinique's perfectly real makeup and then apply their sheer loose powder over top of it.

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I also bought my own makeup for my wedding (a friend put it on for me). I'm very picky with makeup and one of the reasons I didn't want to get it done was I had to be 100% sure it met my critera which was very picky, LOL! I needed something with full flawless coverage (I have some acne scarring on the side of my chin), was light weight, would last all night and photograph well, but wouldn't give that caked on makeup look either. I tried a lot of different brands but decided to go with Smashbox because that was the only one that met my criteria. I could barely feel it and I didn't have to re-apply it once! With whatever you go with though, I would definitly recommend a primer for it because that can make a huge difference too.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Ladies,

It makes perfect sense to test-drive your makeup before W-Day. Put it on at the approximate same time of the day as you will on W-Day, then wear it the rest of the day and evening.

Of course, there are us weird people who don't ever wear makeup, not even as a bride. No worries!

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Do you have a Sephora by you or a M.A.C. store? You can book an appointment at Sephora for a bridal consultation and they will help you with your makeup.

I ended up doing my own. I used Hourglass primer and my everyday foundation- Bare Escentials. My makeup lasted all day, but I should have put on the mineral veil anyway. I forgot it with me.

Like Mrs. Leo, I am extremely picky about my makeup. I went to Sephora and got the bridal consultation. The makeup they used on me was just too much for me. Nonetheless, she gave me great pointers and I picked out the right primer for my sensitive skin.

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

The closest Sephora to me is about 35 miles away, but I think it would be worth the trip for a professional consultation. Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I guess living in San Diego, I'm used to driving more than 35 miles! LOL! Call before you go and book a bridal consultation. They usually take longer to do the appointment, so they ask that you call and book one. The entire consultation took me about an hour.

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Ulta carries Sephora products, if you have one near you.

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 2:33 AM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I definitely recommend checking out Make Up For Ever's HD foundation, paired up with a good primer (I use smashbox photo finish primer) and the Make Up For Ever HD powder it works wonders. I gives full coverage without looking or feeling like a full coverage make up. Ever since I tried it for my wedding I've been hooked on it and use it daily.

Here are some photos of me using the exact items mentioned above just to give you an idea of how it looks.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine