Im trying to plan my bridesmaids already......

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Dani303 Posts : 18 Registered: 6/3/10
Im trying to plan my bridesmaids already......
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 6:02 AM

Hey Everyone,

My Parter and i going to get engaged soon, but im wanting to get a jumpstart on planning my wedding...before all the pressure starts and everyone in my family gives me their opinions....

Im just wondering if there is any age limit to your bridesmaids? im in my late 20's and i have a couple of good friends in their latge 40's that i was considering having as bridesmaids....does age matter?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Im trying to plan my bridesmaids already......
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: Dani303

Dear Dani,

Nope, age doesn't matter, except at the younger extremes. A young teenager would be a junior bridesmaid. A little girl would be a flower girl.

If you want ladies in their 40s to be your bridesmaids, go for it!

(Don't get your heart set on strapless dresses, though, unless these ladies are Pilates instructors.)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: Dani303

If you are just looking at friends and trying to make some decisions that's fine.

But I would NOT ask anyone until a) you're engaged and b) you have set a date and that date is less than a year away.

I'm also assuming that you've worked through your non-trust issues with your bf? I remember you from your other post. If you ever have any serious doubts like that, please don't get married.

Dani303 Posts : 18 Registered: 6/3/10
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hey Pharm,

We have been attending regular counselling sessions as you and aunt suggested and it has done wonders...we arent completely 'fixed' yet..but we are still working towards it...we are thinking of getting engaged soon but having a long engagement...im just trying to think about what friends i would want as my bridesmaids now..i know its really premature...but just wanted to find out if there was any age restrictions.

Would you say that a long engagement isnt a good idea? we were thinking of a destination wedding and we will be paying for it all ourselves...so im guessing we wont be married for another 2yrs atleast!

Thanks heaps for your advice :-)

Oh and Aunt! great point about the strapless dresses!!

Edited by: Dani303 on Aug 15, 2010 8:02 PM

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: Dani303

All good. A long engagement is all up to you. There's nothing wrong with it.

And I would urge you to wait on your WP but if you are going to do a destination wedding - that can be hard.

I also would NOT do a large WP if you are doing a destination wedding. I'm assuming everyone attending would have to travel, so cost and all that should also be in the back of your mind.

Good luck - and I'm happy to hear that the counseling has helped.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Dani303

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine