Is it okay to call bridal shops and ask for particular dresses?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

jamie0168 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/24/10
Is it okay to call bridal shops and ask for particular dresses?
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 9:22 PM

Okay, I've done my homework. I looked up all the designers that my local bridal shops carry, found the particular dresses that I like, and wrote them down.

Is it okay to call the shops and ask if they have the particular dresses that I like? Or will they even go to the trouble?

I've got only one day next month to shop with my mom, aunts, and god-mother. It'd be nice to try on the dresses that I particularly like with them around.

Comments?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Is it okay to call bridal shops and ask for particular dresses?
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: jamie0168

Dear Jamie,

Sure, why not?

"Hello, I am interested in XYZ123. Do you have that dress in stock so I can try it on?"

What's the worst thing that can happen?

"No."

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: jamie0168

Of course it is. That's actually what I did both times I went dress shopping. I called and asked if they had the particular dresses I was looking for, and I also asked to make an appointment. Trust me it will make life much easier. The second time I went one of the dresses I called about ended up being the one. Its will worth it. Good Luck and have fun.

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: jamie0168

I don't see anything wrong with it. It would definately save you the run around to find out before hand if they have the dresses that you like or not.

*~Anna~*

Wedding Countdowns at WiddlyTinks.com

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: jamie0168

It is so ok to do that. I just hope you have better luck than I did. I found four dressed that I loved in pics and found out what stores sold them in my area. Out of 20 shops only 3 of them said they had those dresses in stock (each store had about 2 of them). My mom and I went shopping at all of the stores and guess what? NONE of those stores had ANY of the four dresses I had called about. I was so mad but instead of making a wasted trip I tried on some dresses and did find the one I think I'm going to get. So, just keep in mind that even if they tell you they have it they may be lying just to get you in the door.

[

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine