How to find a nondenominational Officiant

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
How to find a nondenominational Officiant
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 2:10 PM

What is the best way to find an officiant for my wedding. I tried Google with a little luck, and the brides vendor tool isn't showing anything in my area. Any ideas?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: How to find a nondenominational Officiant
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Dear TL,

Here's an idea. (Might work, might not)

Look up the legal requirements for officiants in your state or county. Someone had a question about California a couple of days ago, so I looked up California.

Right there, in the info pages, was a list of people that California will allow to be officiants.

Such a list might give you some ideas, such as judges, court magistrates, etc. Look through that list, then figure out the names of those people in your area. Then, look them up particularly to see if they are willing to officiate at weddings.

Might work, might not!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Look for a Unitarian Universalist church in the area. They are very non-denominational and can (and will) do a wedding for practically any belief system (or lack thereof) and will be more than willing to work with you to create a ceremony that is tailor made to fit you and your fiance

Misty

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

We used Google. Honestly, our state didn't require one, but we wanted one cause we didn't want to do it alone, or have anyone who we felt comfortable asking, and he was reasonable and basically let us write our own but also gave us suggestions when we asked. Good luck!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine