October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda, I'm having my RSVP date as Sept 15, so I'm making sure they are in the mail a bit more then 30 days in advance. I think I remember that your wedding day is later in October though? So I think you are fine. I'm wanting the responses a month in advance so that I can chase people down without TOO much pressure. lol

I've now gotten 10 of my 70 invites done... and now I seem to have a rhythm for it, so I should be able to finish them off tomorrow! YAY!

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

amanda- what about sunflowers? i dont think there is another flower out there that screams western and fall better than sunflowers! and, i think it would look really nice with the red, turquoise and the jeans you had mentioned!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

well i have a super busy week we decide on all the tuxes wedesday thank god im ready for that to be over im hoping I can get all them there in one time .......But im also so hoping i can talk them into not ALL BLACK i would like lime green vest but we will c......I meet with my flower lady thursday to pay her and go over everything then we meet with our wedding planner thursday night to pick our dance and everything eles gosh everything is getting here so soon and also my initations in wed CANT WAIT!!!!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 7:32 AM Go to message in response to: greenandblack

It's nice to see that everything is coming all together now for everyone :) How exciting. We have 2 months to go (the 10-10-10) ladies!

I am slowly seeing my bank account disappear as we pay for everything. All for one day! I wish I were crafty enough to do things myself but I really am not and I dont have the time.

We came up with the favors! I found these cute little boxes online that come in either apple red or brown and they have a leaf design.I picked both colors. Not sure what treats we will put inside but they will look cute on the tables.

I still need to figure out the program and how the heck I will do it. Anyone know where I can get cheap ring bearer pillows and flower baskets?

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

my flower girl is carring a ball of flower and my ring pillow is made and flowers and wooden box

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Unfortunately I don't know where to find a FG basket or RB pillow, at least not cheap. You might look for alternative ideas- instead of buying a traditonal RB pillow, maybe look for a different kind of pillow? Or something that isn't marketed as such?

I still don't have mine picked out yet. I feel the need to procrastinate.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

1010VTbride Posts : 50 Registered: 5/24/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I've been watching Ebay and have seen some cute FG/RB sets for $20-$30...which I don't think is that bad. I'm not crafty either...so I'm probably going to go the ebay route.

wedding website

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

They have them (the baskets and pillows) on orientaltrading.com for $17-$20 bucks! Which isn't that bad I suppose cuz I have seen some for like $40 or more!

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hey Ladies - I have been watching this thread as I am an October bride as well but haven't posted at all.

My mom found cute ring bearer pillows at Michael's and at David's bridal. We haven't bought ours yet, as I haven't seen them, but she said they were reasonably priced - in the $15-$20 range. She said the ones at David's were cuter and a little bit more expensive - more in the $20-$25 range.

I don't know about flower girl baskets (we are doing the flower ball things) but I would imagine you could get a cute basket at Michael's and then add your own ribbon/decorations to it?

csupalla0881 Posts : 4 Registered: 12/15/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Hey everyone! Fun forum! I'm getting married on October 9th. October's approaching so quickly now! Random question for you all, what kind of bra are you wearing under your wedding dress? I wear a 36B bra and am 5'7", 144 pounds, and more of a boyish figure (no defined waist). The people at David's Bridal suggested a longline bra, so I've been looking for one of those. I can't find them in the stores around me, though, so I'm thinking of buying it online. However, I'm hesitant to do so without at least getting other peoples' reviews/opinions before I buy one and have to possibly pay return shipping, etc. Any thoughts for me? I feel like I've been searching for endless hours online...

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I just picked up a flower girl basket at Goodwill. I'll be DIY'ing it to make it all snazzy and stuff, but the basket only cost a whopping $1.99. :) The stuff to decorate it MIGHT bring it up to a total of $10. I'm finding that I LOVE Goodwill shopping! :D

We don't have a ring bearer - the best man will carry the rings. So no pillow needed for us.

Edited by: dodgercpkl on Aug 11, 2010 2:54 PM

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I had more wedding nightmares last night! I dreamt that the ceremony had started and the bridesmaids started to walk down the aisle but not one guest was there! I told everyone to stop the ceremony until people showed up. We were 5 mins early. So meanwhile I noticed that not only the guests are not there but none of the vendors were there either. There was no photographer, decorator, musicans, DJís, or my videographer! I also noticed that I hadnít put on my veil and tiara on yet and my hair wasnít done or my makeup. So I rushed to the hotel room and got ready. I told my sister (MOH) to help me with all of that stuff. As I got ready the guests started to come but still no photographer. I called her up and asked her where she was. She sounded like she was sleeping! She said she doesnít want to drive too far for my wedding. We were now 35 mins late of the ceremony starting time. I fired her even if it meant losing my deposit! I rushed to where the guests were and I noticed people I didnít even invite! Appetizers were being passed out but they werenít the ones I put on the menu! I was mostly freaking out over the photos. I spotted my videographer and I knew he also takes pictures so I pleaded with him to take pictures too! He said ok. The ceremony was beginning and I didnít have my bouquet or my veil and tiara or my make up done. I didnít even have my shoes on yet! I was rushing to get my shoes on and some stranger lady helped me. Then it was my turn to walk down the aisle but my dad wasnít cooperating and he was acting silly and walked down before me! So I said whatever and walked by myself. When I reached the altar I was sooo happy to see my FH. Nothing else mattered. It didnít matter that there were no decorations, or flowers, or music, or that I didnít have my veil and tiara, or my hair done or makeup done. I felt so happy. But he didnít look at me! He was feeling weak because he waited so long to eat.

My goodness what a dream lol.

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: csupalla0881

csupalla0881 - I don't know what a "longline" bra is, but I bought a strapless corset thing that they called a "merry widow" - the thing is awesome, totally sucks in my stomach and makes me look skinny while still keeping the girls supported. I bought mine at a specialty bra shop though. If you're from the Chicago-land area I would HIGHLY recommend going to it, but if not then you might want to do a search online and see what specialty bra shops you can find in your area.

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

hi ladies!!
i had a very busy wedding weekend! Started with flowers, then cake tasting, some veil shopping and was topped off by a 'surprise' bridal shower!!

My Dad and step mom threw me a wonderful shower at my dads country club. It was such a blast!! He is the executive chef there and made such amazing food, had truffles and chocolate covered strawberries.... yum!!

we got so many great gifts and items off our registry!! We really got spoiled!

Next weekend i am bringing my dress into the shop to pair it up with a veil. it was just too hard to decide without the dress right there. They have so many shades of white, ivory and off white it was hard to figure out what would work well.

As far as the undergarments go i have never heard of either of those types of bras, but they both sound like they would do the trick. I still need to figure mine out as well.

Check etsy.com for ring bearer pillows and flower girl baskets. Also, check places like Christmas tree shop for baskets that would look nice for the flower girl, and some decorative throw pillows that could double as a ring bearer pillow!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Aug 16, 2010 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

We had a somewhat productive wedding weekend too. On Friday, I went to the place where we are going to rent our tables and chairs. I put in the order, and paid the deposit. I also got the gift for our flower girl. It's so cute, I found a Bride Barbie.

On Saturday we spent alllll day driving around with our ring bearer and his mom. We got his entire outfit, after driving all over central Iowa, it seemed like. He is going to look soooo cute!!

On Sunday Eric and I found the box with his mom's wedding veil in it. It's sooo pretty! I absolutely love it. I can't wait to wear it in October. Then, last night I finished writing out the ceremony and putting together our vows, and the readings we want to have in the ceremony. It took me several hours, and I am SO GLAD it's done!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine