what is their role?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

smileyface Posts : 19 Registered: 8/15/09
what is their role?
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 9:59 PM

hey gurls :)
so i was wondering, and i know i might sound a little dumb right now but, what is it that the bridesmaids/groomsmen, junior bridesmaids are suppossed 2 do? and is there such thing as junior groomsmen?
i know bridesmaids n groomsmen stand by the bride and groom, but do they stand there for the whole thing? wat about junior brides maids do they do the same as the bridesmaids?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: what is their role?
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: smileyface

Dear SF,

Bridemaids and groomsmen are there to support their friends as they get married. Yes, they stand with the bride and groom as they repeat their vows.

Junior attendants are just younger versions of the adult attendants. Typically they are too young to be full-fledged attendants but too old to be flower girls and ring bearers.

Junior attendants have only one duty: Show up and look cute.

Adult attendants have other duties: Bridal shower, bachelor party, shopping excursions, etc. The honor attendant (maid of honor, best man) are pretty much the leads in any attendant-sponsored events for the happy couple.

Finally, the honor attendants sign the marriage license as witnesses, if that is required in the location of the wedding ceremony.

(PS: Lose the text talk.)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine