HELP! RSVP with birthdays.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

mariewedding Posts : 13 Registered: 5/11/10
HELP! RSVP with birthdays.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 4:59 PM

I need help! I am trying to set up my wedding website (using weddingwire) so that people can rsvp online instead of spending more money on rsvp cards and stamps. However, we're having our reception at a military base - and therefore need to obtain dates of birth (including year) for every person that is rsvping over the age of 13. I'd like to set up a way to do this online when people rsvp but haven't been able to figure it out - anyone know how? Or is it a lost cause? I'm open to changing websites if anyone knows of one that will let me do this... Thanks in advance!

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Re: HELP! RSVP with birthdays.
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: mariewedding

If you use the Brides.com wedding website, there's an online RSVP function. It's a bit of a tedious process initially, but I used it and found it very helpful in the long run.

What you have to do is create a guest entry for each individual (including children) under the Guest Manager section. This gives each guest an identifiable ID number.

And then you can create group invitations to link families, spouses etc. in the My Invites section.

When you send our your invites, just type up an additional insert that includes the guests RSVP ID. I did this on a piece of ivory cardstock and cut it to size. At the top of the page it said RSVP ID, and then in the centre I listed each guest's name- ID #, for everyone on the invitation (e.g. mom, dad, kids).

My reception card said something like:

The favour of your reply is request by XX, 2010

Our phone number
or
Our wedding website

I also followed up with an email to guests explaining how the online RSVP function works.

On our RSVP page you can write a note asking guests to call or email you with their date of birth if they accept the invitation.

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: mariewedding

This won't help you with the website(can't help there), after everyone RSVP's is contact those that have RSVP and get the info that you need, depending on numbers.

I haven't host something this big on a base. Who did you talk to about needing the birthdates? Did you talk the military police? Another thing to keep in mind, anyone who is prior service will have an id card and will be able to get on without needing to give a birthdate and most will likely need to show proof of registration of the cars. I would also plan on the process of getting on base take some time depending on your numbers.

Cherieo Posts : 2 Registered: 8/2/10
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

Agape, thank you so much for that post. I've been trying to figure out the RSVP thing here for my brides.com site. I didn't know I could create a guest id for each person, then link families. It seemed like I'd just have to pick one person from the family, then identify all the other family members as that person's "guest." I'm going to look into this more. Thanks so much!

CarrieMeg Posts : 8 Registered: 12/15/09
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: mariewedding

Does weddingwire allow guests to leave comments when they RSVP? My site does, and if so you could ask them to leave their birthdays in the comment section!

mariewedding Posts : 13 Registered: 5/11/10
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: CarrieMeg

Awesome idea! Thank you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine