October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We made it back! I'm too tired to write a big long post. I will be posting pics on Facebook later.

As for the videographer, we are not having one. However, I am giving Eric's 9 year old niece, Natalie, a video camera. She's a junior BM and I want to give her a special job for the day. I cannot WAIT to see the wedding from the perspective of a child!!!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I really like your idea about giving your jr.bridesmaid the camera!! :)

Im glad u had a good time in Vegas!

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 3:31 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We are getting a videographer as well. :) I loved watching the video of my in-laws getting married and that just solidified it in my mind that I want one. lol

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

we are not getting a videographer. I am more of a picture person, and we wanted to use that money for other things.

We got our invites on Friday, and got them all assembled, stuffed, and ready to be mailed yesterday!! So exciting! They came out really nice! We custom designed them with a woman on etsy.com who is amazing! i dont think the pictures do them justice, but here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/51045789/birch-leaf-rustic-invitation

How is everyone elses planning going? Whats next on your lists of to-do's?

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

Hmm, what's next? I'm waiting on Mapquest to email me back with permission to reproduce a map to put in my invitations. I contacted them several weeks ago, but never heard back so I am trying again today. I need to finish addressing the invitations, and then once I get the maps done, they are ready to go!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We're getting our invites from etsy as well! I'm really excited about them. She just started the design and she'll probably be done with them about 2 weeks before we need to mail them out. Here they are: http://www.etsy.com/listing/48524715/peacock-wedding-invitations

Last night we met with a DJ and we're going to book him. We've been so lucky so far that every vendor we meet with, we decide to book without shopping around.

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

Those are really pretty invitations Toast! We mailed out our invitations this weekend! Yay! Now it really feels like we're getting married!

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

o love you invitation they r great ................has everyone sent thiers out to i was thinking the end of aug my wedding is oct 9th? we did order our here they r http://www.handykaneweddings.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=223996&pageid=141
in style b i love them?so how much does everyone have left?I have to meet with my cake lady to pick our favors and the flower lady to make sure everything is a go ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww its gettin here

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: greenandblack

We are mailing our invites out in a couple weeks, I think. Our RSVP date isn't until September 26th so I don't want too much time to lapse between when guests receive the invitations and when they have to return the RSVP.

Currently I am working on the bridesmaid dresses (I think we have them figured out) and addressing the invitations and deciding on flowers. There are lots of little things I'm doing too, but those are the big ones.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I'm surprised that we are not busier in this thread since we are getting closer to the big day! Is everybody off being busy, getting stuff done?

Today Eric and I went out and looked around, and decided on the groomsmen's clothes, and Eric's outfit too.

Now.... I gotta decide on flowers. Ugh.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

What colors did you pick Amanda?

I went back to Mens Warehouse and changed the colors around. My best man will wear apple red to match with the maid of honor. The groomsmen are still going to wear brown. My fh and the ring bearer will wear champagne color :)

I still have little things to buy like the ring pillow and the basket and the cake server and knife, etc.

I'm in the process of booking my hair and makeup trial.

My bridal shower is the 21st! Cant wait for that :)

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We've gotten the invitations started but not finished. We are planning on mailing them out in the next week or so.

This week I'm hoping to get the flower girl basket decked out and ready to go and same with the card box. Both are DIY projects. I also still have my favors to label and ribbon up... and my bubble tubes as well.

My sis-in-law is going to hand out programs and bubble tubes at the ceremony. I still need to ask my brother if he'd be willing to usher for us. Oh and I need to pester my brothers wife to get my niece her flower girl dress! :D

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some things... lol

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

we sent out all the invites and have started to get RSVP's!! very exciting!!

we decided on all the tuxes. ordered the favors. got the program pretty much ready to print, but we will wait on the printing until much closer to the date.

We have an appointment to do a cake tasting next weekend. the bridesmaids dresses should be in any day now, so we are rolling along!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

We're getting RSVPs in too! I got some wedding gifts as well from guest that declined that but sent gifts anyway. I'm glad people are buying from our registry. We're looking at tuxes next weekend. We're still planning the program...it's taking awhile to figure that one out. Luckily, we have time before we have to print those out.

Posted: Aug 6, 2010 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We chose red and turquoise, Cheetah. Looking at the pictures I've found, they look very cool and western. I am very excited about it.

So the last few days I have started FREAKING OUT about all the stuff we have left to do. The list just goes on and on and on. I've been majorly stressed but today I am trying hard to de-stress. I've started a list of everything I have left to do, and seeing it on paper is helping, because I can prioritize and all that junk.

Everybody is sending their invitations out so early! I'm just paranoid that people will lose them or forget if I give them too much time before the RSVP date.

I have got to decide on flowers! I just can't make up my mind. The other day at Hobby Lobby I found some really beautiful silk flowers (well I don't know if they are silk but they are fake), and I might pair those with fresh flowers. Not sure. But, the best part is, I found these beautiful feathers, and I bought some. I am going to put one in each bouquet. They match the colors I'm going for perfectly. I just LOVE those darn feathers!!!!!!!!!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine