How did you meet your FH?

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
How did you meet your FH?
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 3:34 PM

I thought it would be nice to know everyone's story on how they met the man of their dreams...here is mine.

We met through mutual friends. One of my good friends at work...her husband actually works with DF...he told him that he was looking for someone he could have a serious relationship with, that he was wanting to find someone to settle down with...I had actually told my friend the same thing. We were both sick of the random dating thing and wanted a serious relationship.
So, they decided that we would be great together. My friend sent him a picture of me and wanted him to send one of himself. Well a week had passed since we sent him my picture. I figured that he didn't like the picture or something so i just said to forget it. Well aparently his phone was acting up. He liked my picture and had been trying the whole week to send one of himself, but his phone wouldn't send it. So finally he got one to send. I just went crazy, I loved his picture and texted him to tell him that I had gotten it. We texted the rest of the day.
By the next day he surprised me and took me to lunch. We hit it off great and have spent every day together since then. He is my true soul mate and I don't know what I'd do without him. They couldn't have done a better job setting us up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers save the date

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: How did you meet your FH?
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

We also met through mutual friends. 2 of my friends and 1 of his friends all worked together. They got passes for a sneak preview of Zombieland last September. My friends invited me, his friend invited him. Neither of even knew it was going to be more than our respective friends at the movie. We all hung out as a group a few more times before my now FH called up and asked me out. We went on the best date ever and that was it.

Tomorrow will be 8 months together and they have been the best 8 months of my life. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

Awww...that was so cute. It's funny how things work out like that. So, how long were you together when he proposed?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers save the date

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

We're not actually engaged yet. We're in the "pre-proposal" stage. We know we're going to get married, and are even talking about what we want to do for a wedding. Talk about getting a house, a dog after the house, kids eventually, etc.

Based on what he has said it sounds like he's going to propose by May. We've already agreed on a September 2012 wedding though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Rin2313 Posts : 15 Registered: 5/3/10
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

We met when he started working at the grocery market I was working at. I had been working there for a year and he was brand new. Then we soon found out that we both went to the same community college. A couple dates later, I found out that my second cousin is one of his closest friends! When he met my parents, I found out that his father and my mother graduated high school together. Small world.

NissySokol Posts : 22 Registered: 12/23/09
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

My now husband and i met when i was 14 and he was 18, in high school. i was placed in the wrong science class by mistake, and guess who i got to sit next to? yup the one and only.
we were both too shy to say anything at the time but i can truly say i fell in love the moment i saw him. the only time we ever spoke back then was when i dropped a pencil and he picked it up for me, after hesitating a bit thinking i wanted to pick it up myself and we'd bump heads. after he graduated later on that year he joined the marines but we kept in touch online, the only way we knew how to talk to each other without being shy. we would talk about everything, he'd tell me about his deployments in Iraq and i'd tell him about my every day life. i knew him deep inside and he knew me. 4 years later he decided it was time to make a move and asked me if it be ok for to him to come home and take me to prom, i was 18, he was 21. that first night he came home we shyly held hands and watched a movie, he tapped me on the shoulder and as i turned to look at him he kissed me for the first time. a few months after that, before deploying to japan, he proposed, about a year ago. we got married July 3rd of this year.

Edited by: NissySokol on Jul 15, 2010 6:17 PM

Mrs. Sokol

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: angust87

I met my FH 2 1/2 years ago when I went to buy a new car. I wanted to trade in my gas hog van and get a sporty little car for me and my two kids. My dad went with me to be sure I didn't get taken advantage of. I had the whole day planned out, my car picked out, and the price I was willing to spend. I went to the first three lots that had the car I wanted (on their website) but was so dissapointed with them I was ready to give up for the day. My dad said to go by one last lot since it was on the way back to his house and just see if they still had the car and what it looked like in person. We went and they were so busy. I spoke with the owner since the salesman was busy and he told me they no longer had the car but I should drive this other one just to see and since I had driven over I should just drive something for my time. I did and fell in love with the car! My dad even found a new truck for himself. Well, when I finished my paperwork I went outside to wait for my dad to finish his and the busy salesman came up to me. He struck up a conversation and asked if my husband was happy with the purchases. I laughed and explained that was my dad. He gave me his card, something he had never done before, and asked me to dinner. We have been together ever since. Oh, and the car that I wanted was one they had sold 2 months before and it wasn't online anywhere when the owner checked. I had found it two days before online but the owner told me he had taken it down as soon as it was sold. God let me see that car online so I would go to that lot and meet my future mate.

[

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: STBMrsBW

I met my fiancé at my sister's wedding. He was a groomsman and I was watching four little kids. He tells me that he thought I was cute, but assumed all the kids were mine! lol! We sat next to each other at the rehearsal dinner, but the conversation was monopolized by "crazy Jane", my sister's friend who isn't very socially stable. In any case, I was seeing someone else.

My new brother-in-law kept bugging me to go out with him, even though I had a boyfriend. "You have a boy, you need a man," he would say. About a week after my then boyfriend (jerk) revealed the full nature of his jerk-dom, I had my brother-in-law call my now hubby-to-be and mention that I was free. It didn't take more than a few minutes for him to call and ask me on a date!

FutureMrsM Posts : 8 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

I met my FH in our junior year of high school. We had the same math class and I actually transfered out of the class at the beginning of the semester and still ended up running into each other and here we are almost 5 years later..Just got engaged July 11th!

AAA0811 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/23/10
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: angust87

I met my FH in a local philanthropic group. They had 5 kids from each of the four schools in the county come and decide where to give money...we met once a month. I had a huge crush on him, but didn't do anything because a) I was in 8th grade b) We saw each other once a month. the end. c) I went to a private school and he didn't, so I didn't think he was a Christian.

So, about 3 years later, one of my best friends announced that she had a crush on a guy, but wanted me to "check him out" to make sure he was good for her. I said "okay", and she introduced us. Our first words were: "You break her heart and I'll break your face" "Yeah? Well, my sniper cat will kill you before you get to me"

Haha, so mature, I know.

Anyway, he dated her for almost 6 months, and I was dating one of his best friends for the same time. August of that year, they both broke up with us...we were both really crushed, and turned to each other for support. The next 6 months, we called ourselves brother and sister and archnemesi and fought about stupid things and just had fun.

In January, I got sick and had to stay home from school. At this point, he was going to a charter school, so he could take his laptop to class. Every class he would talk to me in . Then, halfway through me being sick he told me he liked me, and had for a while. Of course, I admitted to liking him too, and then 3 days later he said the infamous "I love you".

Needless to say, on February 14, 2008 we started officially dating and he proposed 2 weeks ago :c)

HereComesTheGroom Posts : 9 Registered: 8/20/10
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 8:27 AM Go to message in response to: angust87

One word: Craigslist!

I replied to a post that I thought for sure would only lead to a "Casual Encounter," but it turns out this "Casual Encounter" has lasted fourteen glorious years!
Jim, my partner, had created a post in the M4M section. The title was something along the lines of "Total Top Seeks Willing Bottom for Exploration." He included a few photos of his strong, chiseled physique as well as some photos from him on the Steamworks float in the Pride Parade from that summer. Naturally, the title, along with his stunning photos, intrigued me and I had to reply!
At first I didn't think I stood a chance. I replied with a little bit about me, admitting that I was curious about what kind of exploration he had in mind. We exchanged a few emails and finally said, "Alright, already! Let's do this!" So we did and we've been together ever since. We like to joke that we've been exploring each other's lives and experiences ever since!
Unfortunately, we have been engaged for ten years. Since we can't be legally wed, it seems like we're going to just remain "FH" to each other.

"I love you. I honestly love you..." - ONJ

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

I met my DH in high school. He was best friends with my boyfriend. We hung out together all the time, during the 3 years of high school and most of the year after. Then, I moved away and we lost touch, but a few years ago, I was looking online planning to attend my 20th reunion. I saw his name, sent him a short hi how are you email. He replied, and that began our current story.

21 years after I graduated, we were married. It's been almost 4 years now, and let's just say I am a HUGE fan of reunion.com. I am so happy to have found him again, and also happy that we were both in a place in our lives where we were ready and open to a relationship. At the time, I wasn't even looking to date anyone really, but I'll always be grateful for the life we have together now.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

SlvrSpecVgrl Posts : 5 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 5:54 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

We actually met in the fourth grade. I pushed him in a corner and told him he was going to be my boyfriend we broke up of course in middle school. Went to freshman homecoming together, he started seeiing someone else in highschool and I did the same but we lost touch after we graduated high school in 2003. He actually found me on Craigslist in early 2008, after searching for me for sometime and he randomly came across an ad that I had posted in which I was trying to sell a car (that he thought looked familiar). Needless to say he called the number hoping it was me and it was :-) We began dating again in April 2009 and he proposed July 2010. He says that "he's always known that I was the one even back in the fourth grade".

TheShrinkingBride Posts : 16 Registered: 8/26/10
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: angust87

How did we meet? Through mutual friends.

When I was in law school, I often hung out with a group of guys on Friday nights and played poker. Actually, I sort of pretended to play poker.

My future husband was a member of that group of friends. Through the years, we sort of lost contact with most of those people but we endured.

-TSB

----- blog: The Shrinking Bride

TracyEsq Posts : 15 Registered: 8/27/10
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: TheShrinkingBride

It was the the last day of classes, my first semester of my second year of law school. I was at the end of my rope when it came to dating and men after meeting loser after loser. A couple of friends dragged me to a bar where I was miserable and bored. Across the dance floor I saw him, dancing with some busted up girls, Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back" was blasting over the sound system. Our eyes met, and the rest was history. We spent a while chatting at the bar, and I ended up giving him a ride home (my friends were with me). I dropped him off and we continued chatting on the phone that night until very late. The next morning he came by my apartment to see me. He mentioned his plans to go to Vermont with some friends, and invited me to join. So there, approximately 12 hours knowing him, I took a four hour driving with him to Vermont, and hung out with him for 3 days while we studied together--finals for me, Praxis for him. We've been inseparable ever since, nearly 6 years later.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine