How did he Propose??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
How did he Propose??
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 8:08 PM

It was Christmas, and I opened my last present. A beautiful jewelry box, which was pretty enough in itself. Then, I opened it. My heart just about jumped out of my chest when I saw THE RING!!! I waited, and he said nothing, so I said, "It's beautiful!" He said that he had tried to pick out a nice one. I waited for him to say something, but now my heart was pounding because crickets filled the air. Where was my proposal? I said, "Really?" hoping to get him to start the "I don't want to live without you" speech. He merely nodded in the affirmative. I didn't want to ruin the moment, but he never did ask me to marry him!

Now, months later, I'm giving him heck over his non-proposal! He said that everything he could think of just sounded too corny , so he elected to "let the ring speak for itself."

So how did your man pop (or not pop) the question??

Teedove Posts : 18 Registered: 5/20/10
Re: How did he Propose??
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

Well, we were best friends for about 1 1/2 years, we had talked to each other about everything....so just all of sudden he was like...I am looking for a wife someone I can spend my life with...I was too shocked I couldn't respond...so he said at least say you will be my girlfriend. I was like ok. So 3 days later he was like you know I am gone marry you right....I was like right...so from then on we started planning our wedding...Of course I always had feelings for him just didn't want to get my feelings hurt...he was shooting women down like crazy...(lol) so I waited and prayed.....I am now I am GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!

Teedove

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: Teedove

That is a beautiful story!! Congrats!!

youngbride6 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/28/10
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

In late June we went on an air balloon ride above Nappa Valley close to eight in the morning. About 45 minuets into the ride, I was looking out and enjoying the view when Jerron said my name, grabbed my hand, and I turned around to see him on one knee. He told me that the last two and half years we've spent together have been the best years of his life! He continued by asking me if I would make him the happiest man on and 2200 feet about the earth and be his bride, and I said yes!

Posted: Jul 30, 2010 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: youngbride6

Awww!! That is one of the sweetest proposals ever! Seriously!!

TracyEsq Posts : 15 Registered: 8/27/10
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride6

I just got engaged on Saturday. Spur of the moment, my boyfriend told me to be ready to leave at 5:15pm, and he told me to put on sneakers. We drove about 20 minutes from our house and turned off down a gravel driveway. The mailbox at the end of the driveway had a miniature hot air balloon on it. Obviously, at this point I knew what we were doing. While we were up in the balloon (with 6 other people), I was enjoying the scenery, but wondering, "he wouldn't take me on a hot air balloon ride for nothing, right?" Even though I knew he had been looking for rings, I wasn't sure he had it yet, so at one point I turned around and there he was on his knee with a big red ring box and my beautiful ring. He asked me to marry him and I think I could only muster nodding my head through the tears.

FrozenStar Posts : 2 Registered: 8/30/10
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

We are both avid hikers and we went backpacking over the weekend, slept out Saturday night on the side of the mountain. Then Sunday morning he woke me up at 4 AM and told me he wanted to see the sunrise. So after some convincing I reluctantly agreed and we hiked up to the submit and waited for the sun to rise. When I was standing away from him taking pictures for the mountains and the sunrise. He cam over to me, grabbed my hand got onto one knee and pulled out the ring. He gave me a little speech about how the only thing more beautiful then waking up to a sunrise was waking up to me. And it was just so sweet and perfect. Oh....of course I said yes! :)

centralparkbride Posts : 1 Registered: 8/24/10
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

We went to NYC for the weekend for his friend's engagement party. He told me he was taking me on a horse and carriage around central park. I didn't think anything of it because I have always bugged him to do it. The guy told us to hop off the carriage and check out the famous bow bridge. We walked to the bridge and we were taking pics of the people on the row boats off the bridge. I looked over and he was on his knee with my dream ring. He gave me his whole Marry Me speech and followed it with smile for a picture! He had the whole thing documented in pictures by this photographer he found. I was so shocked and my family was so happy they were able to relive our engagement!

shan2012 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/2/11
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

My now fiance had accidentally planning his surprise proposal weekend trip the weekend before my midterms (I'm in grad school), so he had to spill the beans that he was taking me on a trip to an undisclosed location, so that I had time to study. A few days before the trip he told me we were going to New York City.

Our first day there we met up with a friend who lives near Central Park. The plan was to go for a walk through the park before it got dark- I wasn't expecting anything to happen because we were with a friend. As we walk through the park we come to a clearing and Scott (my fiance) blindfolds me. He leads me around the park onto Bow Bridge- his friend is taking video footage and pictures the entire time. He takes the blindfold off, and there stands my Mom- flown in from Oregon (I only get to see her 1-2 times per year), it was a complete surprise! She hands him the ring he had chosen and had shipped to her. As the sun is setting, he gets kneels down and asked me to marry him, hands shaking, I say yes of course! We had an audience of park onlookers cheering and clapping. It was so fun and romantic and very thoughtful. He knew that it would be special for my mom to be there (I am an only child and my dad passed away as a teenager). We had a wonderful whirlwind weekend trip and I still passed all 7 of my exams when I got back!

carrie_beth Posts : 4 Registered: 9/4/10
Posted: Jan 15, 2011 3:08 AM Go to message in response to: shan2012

Congratulations ladies! shan2012, my fiance proposed in Central Park too!

jeddyspyker Posts : 1 Registered: 1/25/11
Posted: Jan 25, 2011 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: carrie_beth

Wow! mine too...

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

We met when my mom found my FBIL(future brother in law)'s phone on the bus. She brought his phone home and used my phone to call the contacts in his brother's phone trying to find his brother who owned the phone she found. My fiance texted my phone and that's how we started talking. He wanted to get married and I agreed. He said he would go out and get the ring to make it official so now I am just waiting for it to be on my finger. We're really engaged and planning a wedding for June of 2012.

tadpole1961 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/14/11
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: Teedove

I think that is so sweet! Were you surprised or what? would you want it any other way?

groom wedding speech

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: tadpole1961

Well if you are talking to me, then yes. I am suprised.

MrsFinally Posts : 1 Registered: 2/24/11
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 4:19 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

I just got engaged this past Monday, but it has been a long time coming.
We went out to celebrate our 7 year anniversary at the Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) and go through the entire meal and finally order dessert all without the slightest hint of anything. The waitress brings out our dessert fondue and prepares the chocolate and says to me "and I have something else for you." I had no idea what was coming, but she sets down this plate that has chocolate hearts on it and chocolate drizzled on to read "Will you marry me?" and I still haven't figured out how it got there though I know my fiance had to have pulled it out of his pocket and set it there, but the ring was sitting on the table, right next to the plate. It took me less than a few seconds to gather it all and I just start crying immediately. The waitress leaves us for a minute and I realize that I still haven't answered, I'm just sitting there crying and thinking "oh my god" and he says to me "you know.. that is a question and I do need an answer...." so I tell him of course it's a yes! And he asks if I want to put it on (OF COURSE!). He takes off the first ring he bought me, years ago, a promise ring, and says (the most perfect words ever, in my opinion) "No more promises."
At this point I STILL haven't stopped crying and the waitress comes back and asks if it was a yes, we tell her and next thing we know the manager comes by with champagne and a camera to take our picture which they some how magically printed and framed for us... Like I could forget that moment if I tried. ;)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine