Diet Frustrations

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Diet Frustrations
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 7:35 AM

I figured we could do a little rant thread with your diet frustrations--I am experiencing some right now.

My rant frustration:

So over the past 4 weeks or so I have lost 6 lbs (yay!)Then it was my boyfriend and mine's 3 year anniversary the other day and we went out for a picnic and I baked some cookies. After nibbling on bread, hummus, pate, cheese, falafel, strawberries and cookies throughout the day and drinking 1/2 a bottle of champagne--I stepped on the scale the next morning to see that I had gained 3 lbs!

& worst of all, there is so many left over cookies! I have had half a cookie each day since (trying to limit myself.)

But all that work for the past month for my efforts to be cut in half is just so disappointing. I worked so hard!

delongkayleigh4... Posts : 7 Registered: 6/2/10
Re: Diet Frustrations
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

seriously..I never had to diet but last year I put on 10lbs and now I realize how hard it is to diet!! I think about food more than I ever did! So I went on zi xiu tang and frankly...i am so surprised it hasn't been blasted all over tv. $40 and it lasts for a month..no harmful ingredients, but has fiber and bee pollen. I took it to my dr who said it seemed harmless...11 weeks later and I have lost 23 lbs and feel really good.
Watch out for online ordering though..I heard they are not the real stuff...just google it and buy from a really reputable person. Message me if you want my gals' info

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: delongkayleigh4...

hey, i understand the frustration, i've been trying to lose weight for the big day and i was doing realy good until about a month ago i got the mirena iud put in, and i was told i wouldn't gain any weight...whatever...i've gained the 10 pounds i've lost the 2 months prior to that...i'm so disappointed, i'm starting back at the begining, but i already work out 5 times a week i eat totally healthy, and i'm a vegetarian, tons of salads, fruits, etc...i don't know what else i can do when every time i step on the scale i gain another pound...any help would be great.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers save the date

AprilJo10 Posts : 10 Registered: 3/4/10
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Do you weigh yourself always at the same time of day? That alone can explain sudden weight change.

There are several other factors that could have added to your weight gain: You lost mainly water and after a day of indulging, it all came back. Or while dieting your body switched into starvation mode and turned the energy consumption way down. And when you were feeding it all the high calorie foods on your anniversary, it immediately stored it as energy reserves, in case another dry spell was just around the corner. Our bodies are wired to do this, because it was crucial for our survival back in the olden days.

Write it off as a bounce back and go back to your healthy routine. I don't know how you are dieting. But if you want it to be permanent, you have change your lifestyle. Just dieting for a while will definitely have you go back to your old weight as soon as you stop.

AngeArmani Posts : 56 Registered: 3/29/09
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

You could try digestive enzymes or vegetable enzymes each time you splurge on food--It will digest food better and you will feel less guilty about combining carbs and protein.

All the best,

Angela Armani.

My very own personal blog! It's all about cake toppers! weird huh?

http://ultimateweddingtopperguide.blogspot.com/

Please do! I'm interested in your thoughts!
Laughing

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Have you ever heard of Weight Watchers online where you can track food 'points'? It's about $45 a month (I think), but there is another website that just about has the exact same features as Weight Watchers, but it's FREE. The site is www.myfitnesspal.com.

On this site, you track calories instead of points, which I think makes dieting a little easier. Honestly, this site has helped me (and fiance) so much. You can search for your foods and it already has the calorie count listed. Also, you can track your exercise as well - this site recommends that you eat back the calories you lost during exercise. Of course, if you choose not to do that, you will loose weight much faster. However, I found that this helped me diet more successfully since I didn't feel deprived. Slow and steady wins the race!

Why not try it? It's free! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

LorettaH Posts : 10 Registered: 4/21/11
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

There are some super foods and drinks that should be on any diet. For many people, simply adding these foods to their diet give them the weight loss boost they need. They feel restricted on more formal diets and just want to lose weight without counting calories or carbs.

opc | natural blood pressure support

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine