Davids Bridal sucks!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 73

Soon2bWellsFargo Posts : 125 Registered: 4/29/09
Re: Davids Bridal sucks!!
Posted: May 1, 2009 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Of course not, though I have met her on occasion. Mother is known for her fashion sense. She has a particular style that has become her trademark. People expect her to dress and behave in a certain manner. We could not possibly do that if we shopped at David's Bridal.

Daddy's Little Girl

His4life Posts : 117 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: May 1, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I actually bought my dress there and bridesmaids dresses, but I also did not have a very good experienc there. When I first went to try on dresses (had an 7:45 p.m. app. on a Thurs) we were not greeted right away...infact it took about 10 minutes for someone to appear and help. Then we got this crazy lady who was going to helping us. I too had looked on the website prior, saved all the dresses that I wanted to try on. When I showed the lady the sheet I printed off she literally pointed to where I could go get them. Um, isn't that their job, to get dresses for me to try on? So my mom and I had to find them ourselves. When we found some I tried them on and the lady disappeared for over half an hour, leaving me standing looking in the mirror. She did not put away any of the dresses that I discarded. We had to hang them back up, zip them up, and put them on a rack ourselves that was not even that close to our dressing room. All in all, bad experience and very poor customer service.

Then my bridesmaids went to try on dresses. They too had to get them all themselves. I had previously called them asking about their layaway and they told me that all you had to do was put 25% down and pay it off in three months. I wanted to do this b/c some of my bridesmaids do not have a lot of money and would have rather paid it in time instead of all at once. When the bridesmaids were ready to pay they were told that their layaway only applies to dresses that are in stock, so needless to say that didn't make me happy either.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 1, 2009 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bWellsFargo

Me:"who are you, Ivanka Trump?"

Fargo: "of course not. Though I have met her on occasion."

Fargo, you are killin me with this stuff LOL. Something tells me I shouldnt believe anything that you type, as it all sounds just a tad bit farfetched. But hey, you got me laughing pretty good here. Thanks for the entertainment.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Soon2bWellsFargo Posts : 125 Registered: 4/29/09
Posted: May 1, 2009 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Why would you not believe I have met Ivanka Trump a few times? I did not say she was my best friend or anything. I simply stated I had met her.
Daddy's Little Girl

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bWellsFargo

Awww, to those who thinks that David's Bridal sucks:) I so happen to think that they are great all the way round, I went and picked up my dress today, (even though the wedding is a year away) I am so excited about everything, and I got my jewerly from there too, beautiful!!!

His4life Posts : 117 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: May 1, 2009 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bWellsFargo

speaking of Ivanka Trump has anyone been watching the celebrity apprentice this season?

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 1, 2009 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: smokinlittlehot...

bride4lifeYES and Ive been dying to talk about it but noone else is watching tha tI know of. Do me a favor though, go over to my TV THREAD which is under the NWR section , youll see it, its normally on the first page, and we can talk about Celebrity Apprentice there. I dont want to totally hijack a thread about Davids Bridal to have an ongoing discussion about the show LOL. But Id love to talk about it with you. I think its been hilarious!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Kat78 Posts : 189 Registered: 2/9/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i had the same problem with them.. i called made an appt. and we show up and i give my name and started that we was there to look at bridesmaid dresses and i was told to look at what we wanted pull them out and someone will help us after we did that.. well i am standing in the middle of the isle holding about 5 dresses and everyone is walking by me not saying anything.. someone came to me asked if i was ok and i told them that we was ready to try on the dresses now.. i was told to wait there and someone will be with me soon.. i waited another 10mins finally someone came to us and took us in the back and while my girls was trying on there dresses no one offered to help them and they all sat there exchanging there jewelery and saying they cant wait to go out that night.

i ended up helping the girls in and out there dresses and we helped ourself to the dresses and the lady didnt think twice about thating the commision

"say i love you today cuz tomorrow you may not have the chance"

http://www.mywedding.com/jonathanandkathleenforever

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, you should CLEARLY contact her about your wedding planning business. I'm sure you could do a bang up job on the poshness of it. And with a budget to work with even...wow.

Misty

SandG Posts : 1 Registered: 7/17/10
Posted: Jul 17, 2010 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2bWellsFargo

Brides beware!! I went to David's Bridal and got my dress there. When I got there, they told me I had to make an appointment and come back. I wish I would have never made that appointment!! When we came back to the store for the appointment, no one was available to assist. They provided me with a dressing room and I was pretty much on my own with my mom and maid of honor for the next 2 hours. I narrowed my selection down to 2 gowns. I had found the dress I loved on a clearance rack and it fit perfectly. My other selection was a little big in the chest and 3 x's the price. When I was finally done trying on dresses, and 2 hours later, 3 sales staff were basically at my disposal. The lady's there were very convincing that I should get the more expensive dress because they can take in but they cannot let out. If I bought the clearance dress, I could not return it if for some reason I gained weight and it didnt fit. They were very persistant that I needed to make a choice being as my wedding is less then 2 months away. When I asked the lady, Bridgette, if I could bring the dress back, she said "yes". Well.... I found the perfect dress the next weekend at a little shop in my neighborhood. I went to David's Bridal to return the dress and they told me no. The dress was in my possesion and all sales are final! Why do they have altered dresses on the clearance rack if they do not take returns??? Bridgette was there again, she said I could return it for in-store credit, then she said she meant an even exchange. I want to contact the corporate office, but I have been unable to locate any information on the net for it. Help!!! I am stuck with a $900 bill from David's Bridal and a dress I do not want.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: SandG

I don't know what you were told, and I'm certainly not a fan of David's Bridal. BUT, most wedding dress sales are final, particularly on clearance dresses. That applies whether you go to David's or Neiman Marcus! Once you lay down that money, it's gone. Usually, you put a 50% deposit on a dress that you order. If you change your mind, MAYBE the store will work for you and order another dress, if you do that early enough. Return your money--JUST ABOUT NEVER. I know brides who have cancelled weddings, including my own daughter. We just left the dress there and lost the 50%. My friend's daughter cancelled hers, went and picked up the dress (meaning, she paid the other 50%), and then sold it on eBay for 50% off retail--either way, you're screwed.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

AprilJo10 Posts : 10 Registered: 3/4/10
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: SandG

I think it very much depends on the individual store.

I had not considered David's Bridal because of all the online reviews, although a friend of mine had a good experience with them. So when my FMIL suggested to go there and 'just look and see what size you are', I was a little apprehensive at first. But then I thought it can't hurt to just try on a few and see what I like.

We made an appointment, were greeted instantly by a young lady who seemed almost more excited about my engagement than I was (although it was obvious she put on a show). We first went through some details, and based on that she picked my consultant, Roberta. Roberta was great; very professional, not at all pushy. I found two dresses I absolutely loved. Two hours later, I had bought a beautiful dress, my lingerie, headband, and veil.

A couple of weeks ago, my dress came in and I went back to pick it up. Roberta even remembered me and came to greet me.

So my experience with this particular store was good. Although one thing I don't like is that they shared my contact information with various wedding vendors. So now I get cold calls, which is pretty annoying.

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: AprilJo10

I have to say that my sister had an ok experience with David's Bridal. The only thing is they talked her into a dress that didn't do anything for her and was overly exspensive. I've found the exact same dress online for less than half of what she paid! Of course when I went to DB for my bridesmaid's dress they weren't any help! I didn't get to go with my sister and the other girls because I was working so much so when I did get to go they threw me in a dressing room and never came back! It wasn't until my sister showed up and began going all bridezilla on the sales people that they came over with an order form. My sister got upset when she realized it had been 30 min since I had told the desk I was ready to order and nobody had been by. When I picked up my dress, two months before the wedding, the tried to shove the other girl's dresses on me acting like they didn't have time to get them! I would have taken them but I never saw any of them except when it was wedding related. The sales girl acted like I was putting DB out by making them hold on to the dress until the other bm's picked 'em up. Then they wanted to fight with me over getting the cleaning for my sisters dress, a cleaning is included on the wedding gowns. They said that if there were any alterations done by anyone other than them then the cleaning would be done but for a fee. So I flipped on them and finally got someone to agree to the cleaning for free. When I dropped it off they said they didn't understand why any bride needs a brand new dress cleaned before the wedding. Are you kidding? She took pictures and got it a little dirty!! So, all in all yes, my sister had a good experience but that is because she only had to pick her dress. My mother and I were the ones stuck with dealing with the crap. I learned my lesson, for my wedding I'm having my dress custom made by someone other than DB!

[

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: STBMrsBW

Things happen when you go where ever you go. One of my friend's weddings we had a horrific time at a little privately owned boutique.

I actually had a great experience at DB. I had a wonderful sales person and I had showed up on a Sunday afternoon without an appointment the first day of their big sale.

So it's totally a straws game. When we went to look at BMs dresses for my MOH and BM (two different stores two different states) - no biggie. We didn't have anyone help us - didn't need it. So we just tried stuff on, figured out which dress and took it up to the register to order it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine