The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,282 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 1,599

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush, I think he is trying to tell you something. I guess just sit down and talk it out. I was like you though. I would have been happy never having kids. Most days, I feel guilty that I am pregnant when I didnt want kids and there are people who wants kids and cant get pregnant.

This pregnancy feels like it is flying by. I am already 16 weeks. I will be half way through my pregnancy in 2 weeks. :| Term for twins is 37 weeks but we are aiming for 38 weeks. Babies are looking good and everything is going smoothly.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Nat (22) Nate (31)

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Natasha, glad the twins are looking good. I sure wish I felt like my pregnancy was flying by. It feels like it is cra-a-a-a-w-w-ling for me. When is that damn 24 weeks gonna get here so I can stop worrying as much?!!

A follow up to my poop post the other day, just in case it may help somebody else someday:

I visited the gastroenterologist yesterday. He asked all the questions I would've expected him to ask, then asked "Have you been on any antibiotics during the pregnancy?" I told him Clindamycin around 12 weeks because I was diagnosed with Group B strep and I had to get rid of it before I had the CVS procedure to check for Downs. Most people get penicillin for Group B strep, I believe, but I'm allergic to it.

Well, apparently Clindamycin has this special characteristic that other antibiotics don't have: if it doesn't kill off absolutely all the bad bacteria, the bad bacteria take root in your intestine and start growing and a few weeks later, bam, diarrhea that appears out of nowhere! So he's not positive that's what I have, but he's going to test me for it. So at least we have a direction to go. In the meantime, he said since I don't have a fever or any other symptoms, there's no need to worry about how the baby's doing.

Sy, I forget, are you officially on bed rest yet? How's it going? Did working from home get approved?

preview image

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Natasha, let me get this right. You didn't want kids and you're having twins? LOL That's priceless.
I'll talk to him maybe on his day off. I think I'm too young for kiddies personally.

In other news, one of the ladies at my job gave birth. She went out on maternity leave yesterday saying she was feeling pressure. Today was her due date. She woke up at 5 am, more pressure. She called her mom, her water broke, and she delivered quite some time later at 3:02 pm. Baby girl Abby Kay. 7 lbs 4 oz. 20 inches. She said it only took 14 pushes to get her out.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

My cousin, who didn't want kids, made fun of her pregnant sister-in-law because they suspected it was twins. Guess who ended up having twins? It wasn't my cousin's sister-in-law...
So, I decided I'm going to start telling myself now that I don't want kids, ESPECIALLY twins. Maybe I'll actually get them that way. I think it would be awesome!

.:Katie:.

Unique seashell bouquets at tidalbridal.etsy.com

Edited by: TheLuckiest on Nov 13, 2009 6:42 PM

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Happy, I'm glad things are going better! Enjoy the meat, lol.

Nat, good to know the babies are doing good.

Working from home update: Like I though there was an issue with the letter from my dr. Next week I should have a new letter with all the info need it to get it approved. I don't know if I should go to the office next week until I get the approval.

Our friends baby is doing very well. We went to see him on Monday night and he looks like nothing happened.

I always said I want two kids. DH said two also. But lately he keep saying he wants 3. I don't see my self with 3 kids. And since this pregnancy hasn't been an easy one, I'm not even sure if I want another one, lol.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

MrsSy...You sound just like me. For the longest time I said I didn't want another baby because my first pregnancy was not easy. I had morning sickness through-out my entire pregnancy along with pregnancy induced carpal tunnel which I still have. However, dispite everything I have been thinking that maybe another baby won't be so bad. I want to wait until Kaylin is out of diapers before we even try for another baby and by then who knows where we're going to be. So I wouldn't mind trying for another but it depends on how things go.
baby growth

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Yeah...the irony of it all is amusing.

Trust me, everyone LIKES the idea of having twins but it is definitely not all it is hyped up to be. It's double the worrying. I have a million doctor appointments. The constant worry and struggle to make it to 20 weeks and then after that I have to worry about pre-term labour. I have to pray everynight that I make it to atleast 30 weeks and hope I can keep on pushing until 37 weeks. Sorry, my rant for the night.

I am SO done after the twins. Man, I hate being pregnant. It is DEFINITELY not for me. I still have m/s and I want it to end. Thankfully, its not as bad and only a few times a week! :)

Sy, I hope all goes well with the bedrest. Mush, I hope the talk goes good.

Happy, I am glad your issues are solved. I couldnt really read it, to be honest, but I got the jist of it!

Nat (22) Nate (31)

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Nat, I'm sorry, I definitely get where you're coming from. My cousin's twins were a bit premature and she really struggled being a first time mom with not one but two babies. She had a rough pregnancy and once they arrived it was a lot to take on. But now they're about 10 years old I think? It's been so neat watching them grow up together. Twice the joy, and the bond is amazing. Sure they try to pull the normal twin pranks and everything but who wouldn't?! I don't think she'd trade having them for anything. And she went on to have a third baby eventually, it's so cute because her three girls look like triplets. Anyway, that's the only experience I have with twins, but I have always thought (and I have NO CLUE why so don't even ask) that I want two *pregnancies*- if I end with more than two children I'm cool with it!

.:Katie:.

Unique seashell bouquets at tidalbridal.etsy.com

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

GO AWAY VENDOR!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Oy f'n vey. "Preganant means there is a new life will alive"? Really?!

preview image

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

I had to laugh at the vendor's post, too. Was that even English?

I haven't been on for a while, mostly because I haven't had much to report on the baby angle these days. I decided to stop obsessing over it for a little while and just enjoy the time we have together before we start in earnest. The only issue I have right now about TTC is that I suck at remembering to take my vitamin B supplements.

Congrats to all the new mommies. Your babies are truly lovely.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

Browne - That's probably when you will get preggo, when your not trying to hard! Much luck to you when you do TTC!

In other news, AF is due tomorrow. She shows no signs of actually starting. DH is staring at my tummy so hard it's making me nervous. The wait is killing me.

wedding ticker

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Unfortunately for me AF has come. Oh well, only month 2 down.

Hope AF makes her appearance Mush!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Sorry PTG! You know now that I look back and I am not sure why I thought my experience with TTC would be anywhere near "above average". They say it takes 6 months on average, right? Well my whole life I have always been "average". Average height, average weight, average looking. Average shoe size, average pants size. Average age to get married, average amount of time to date BEFORE getting engaged. So of course TTC would be average for me! 6 months exactly!! Keep your head up! Sometimes I think it takes the body several tries before it realizes what you are trying to do!

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Thanks NJ. I'm not disappointed, we're just starting out. I'm a little concerned about the ovulation kits because according to them I'm not ovulating... Weird.

But with my age, Happy also said I only have to wait 6 months to go in and have tests run.... So that's good news.

I know it's the age thing more than anything that is concerning me - but the females in my family are known for being reproductive. LOL

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine