Proposal Story: Jones Soda Style/ "I had to marry you"

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

AAA0811 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/23/10
Proposal Story: Jones Soda Style/ "I had to marry you"
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 9:29 PM

Well, my boyfriend now FH of 2.5 years just proposed!!!
I went with him, his mom, dad, 2 brothers, and sister to their family reunion, and he proposed while we were there.

To begin with, I have to tell a backstory. So, a few months ago we were out to eat at Panera and we both got Jones Sodas. The lid of one of the sodas read "You will benefit immediately if you cooperate for now". So, we began to use the cap as an inside joke. He'd give it to me and I'd have to do one thing he told me to do--no questions asked--and vice versa.

Back to the proposal.
I had just come in from a hike, and I flopped down on the couch, all sweaty and gross. All of the sudden, he comes into the room holding a ring box. My jaw kind of dropped and I was like "WHAT!". He handed me the ring box and was like "Open it". I said, "No, you have to--" and he goes, "Just open it."

So, I open the box to find the bottle cap! He then got down on one knee with the ring and said, "You have to marry me".

It was hilarious, and his entire family freaked out. To top it all off, the diamond was my grandmother's original diamond.

Now we're planning a June 2011 wedding! Woo!

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Re: Proposal Story: Jones Soda Style/ "I had to marry you"
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: AAA0811

You warned us ahead of time on that one, so I kept an eye on your posts. Congrats on the engagement! have fun planning!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine