Say YES to the Dress!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

VictoriaRAZ Posts : 6 Registered: 7/9/08
Say YES to the Dress!
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 3:07 PM

Does anyone watch this show?  I ended up watching a marathon of season 1 and couldn't wait for season 2 to start!  It started Tuesday night on TLC.  This show is such a guilty pleasure.  Granted, I could never afford 90% of the dresses in that store, but it's fun to see the crazy brides, their entourages, and follow the stories of the people who work there.

Does anyone else watch this show?  Has anyone been to Kleinfeld's, the store featured?  It looks like they have an amazing selection!

Vicki

pianobride Posts : 24 Registered: 1/14/08
Re: Say YES to the Dress!
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

I got my dress at Kleindeld's and it was a great experience!  My consultant was fantastic and she took me back into that storeroom with all the dresses to pick out what I wanted.  I have found that the customer service is really outstanding, but I guess that it has to be when a store does that much business.  I was there while they were filming "Say Yes to the Dress" and they had a sign up that said that you were consenting to appear on the show by entering the store!  I didn't see any cameras, thank God, so the crew must have been downstairs in the fitting area.  

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: pianobride

That would have been so weird to see yourself in the background or something on an episode of the show!  That's awesome that you had such a great experience there- on the show sometimes it seems like the consultants are really pushy and just trying to make the sale.  But some of them really are about making the bride happy- guess it depends on the day, and the consultant :)

Have you seen the show at all?  It's really addictive!  It makes me want to go there just to see these people in real life...  Plus it looks like an amazing store. 

Vicki

trixy612 Posts : 46 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

I love that show! My BF lives in NYC and went there with her mom. She did find a dress that she loves, but it was over $5000, but she did find others by the same designer that were about $3000. She tells me all the time I should visit her (I'm in Buffalo, across the state) and we can go dress shopping. 

kimmee Posts : 13 Registered: 5/28/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

I just caught the new episode yesterday.  I'll probably be adding that to my list of trash shows to watch!  ha!   It looks good.  and those prices are just way expensive!  I can't imagine spending that much on a dress!

AlottaGabbin Posts : 66 Registered: 5/26/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

Not only did I get into it.... BUT my FH go sucked in as well!  LOL....  (I got him hooked on Sex and the City too..... LOL)  I would love to have gone there if I had the money to spend!  Alas... I did not.  Gorgeous gowns though!  Did you see the one where they had a bride actually HIT one of the consultants?!!!  The store manager was on her way down to throw the bride out! 

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

I do LOVE that show!  I love most bride shows where the bride is happy.  The chick who kept coming to try on her dress...Oye!!  Go away, you don't have an appointment.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

OMG I love this show!! I love seeing all the dresses and of course the drama that goes with the whole finding the dress experience.  That one consultant, Claudia, drives me nuts!! I don't know why they don't just fire her already.  I'd be pissed if I went there and ended up with her.  She doesn't seem to listen to what any of the brides say and just tries to talk her way out of trouble.  I'm curious to see what happens with her job.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

Oh yea, I saw that episode! Angelina I think her name was, right? Kept coming into the store to try on her dress again and "spend time with it?" That was funny! The dress really is SO important though- I guess I would be paranoid about making sure it still fit and everything!
Vicki

PatricksLove Posts : 26 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

I love the show but I never get to see it b/c I work nights  :(

Patrick and Meagan  <3  October 20, 2010

Joce Posts : 290 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: PatricksLove

I absolutely LOVE this show!!!!

I didn't know the new season started!  When! Where! ack!

and yes-- Claudia should go. i'd be surprised if she made it though the whole second season! They were ready to can her last season!!! She's super cocky about it all eh?

AmethystBride Posts : 24 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

Hello Ladies!  I love this show and all of the other bridal shows..... ah yes.... Bridezillas, Whose Wedding is it Anyway, Platinum Weddings, A Wedding Story......... ahhhhhhhhh.... I'm glad to hear I'm not the only cook that indulges in these little guilty pleasures!

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: AmethystBride

Well, the show is on on Tuesday nights at like 8/7 c on TLC, so it's on tonight!! I actually just checked my guide a rerun of Say Yes is on at 5:00pm PT, so check your guide b/c if you missed last week, you'll be able to catch it first before you watch the new episode.

AmethystBride...what is Whose Wedding is Anyway? I LOVE that Who's Line is it Anyways so judging by the title, it sounds good ;-) Lol. Have you seen Rock the Reception? About couples surprising their guests with a choreographed first dance. So hilarious!! It's right after Say Yes to the Dress 

Vicki

greenbridal Posts : 1 Registered: 7/15/10
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

I hear you. Claudia was the worst. Ever. I think she is narcissistic. that is what a narcissist does. they do not listen and keep defending themselves.

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: VictoriaRAZ

I too love this show. I have my DVR set to record every new episode just in case I'm not home to watch it when it's aired. I would have loved an experience like that when going to purchase my dress.

*~Anna~*

Wedding Countdowns at WiddlyTinks.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine