ready to tear up my contract! seriously!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

chickie404 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/15/08
ready to tear up my contract! seriously!
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 10:01 PM

Now that we've survived 9 months of married life, can I finally shred the contracts for the photog, caterer, etc.? The dress is back from the cleaners, the wedding album is on the coffee table, and I'm almost done with the scrapbook. ALSO: Do I need to save every box for every place setting of my china? It's all in my china cabinet, and I can't see myself putting all those sets back in the boxes the next time we move house! Any good reason to keep more than one? Thanks so much!

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: ready to tear up my contract! seriously!
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: chickie404

I don't see why you'd need to save any of the boxes for your china. If you've opened each box already and made sure that the pieces are in perfect condition, there's no reason to keep the packaging. Stores sell 'china protectors' for storing fine china. Something like this: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=10208386 would do the trick.

-Allison

chickie404 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Thank you--I'm going to use a couple of gift certificates from the wedding to buy a good set of those, and display the rest in my china cabinet. (Maybe I'll keep one for nostalgia's sake.) But it sounds like I'm good to shred the contracts after a year... so I will!

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: chickie404

Sounds like a plan! :)

-Allison

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine