Flowers

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Flowers
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 12:19 PM

I wanna do fake, silk flowers. Though I was dissappointed when I went to my local walmart center. All their flowers are smooched. I really want to make my own bouqet because that way I can get them done way ahead of schedule. But how will i keep them from getting smashed? Any ideas? I suppose i could hang them in my closest but eh that takes up space. Also any one know where I can get afford silk flowers in bulk?

MizJodi Posts : 65 Registered: 3/8/07
Re: Flowers
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: Noelene123

First of all, go somewhere like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Joanne Fabrics. They'll have a much higher quality of silk flowers, plus, watch for the weekly coupons, and get them a bit at a time for 40-50% off. Also, places like Michael's will often have "how-to" classes for free or cheap, to make sure you learn to do exactly what you want.

Congrats and good luck!

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: MizJodi

Thank you!!!!

MrsJellybean227 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/29/09
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: Noelene123

even trying to find them online would produce better quality then what you'll find at your local waldos. Efavormart is pretty good and I've "heard" that the flowers are quality. Hobby Lobby has real touch rose which are gorgeous and completely look real in photos. I completely agree with everyone else on going to places like Hobby Lobby and Micheal's.
As far as keeping them smoosh free... it's difficult. the best thing you can do is gently lay it in a tote and don't put too many in their. Depending on the size of the bouquet and size of the tote will depend on how many you can get in their.
Probably best to wait at least 3months before the big day.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine