RSVP came with no names

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
RSVP came with no names
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 1:52 PM

I have sent out my RSVP and have gotten a lot back. However, some are coming back with no names on it what so ever and they have accepted the invite. How do I go about fiugre out who these people are. There is not return address on these RSVP cards. The only thing I see is the post office it went through and that does not help the elimination process because most of our invites went to this area. Should I wait until the deadline date for the RSVP and start calling anyone that I haven't hear from. I need to start making place cards and don't what I should do.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: RSVP came with no names
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

I would wait until the RSVP deadline and then start calling people. You'll be fine! Good luck!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Dear TS,

" Should I wait until the deadline date for the RSVP and start calling anyone that I haven't hear from. "

Yep.

If the people are such idiots that they can't write their name on the RSVP, then sure they get a phone call.

As you said, wait until the deadline. Look at your list and check off the people who were smart enough to put their name on their card.

You will be left with the "Unsure" people.

Some will have sent in the no-name cards, others will not have sent in anything. (Clueless, either way.)

Then start with the phone.

"Hello, Marge? I'm calling about the wedding. We have not heard from you and Homer, and I'm wondering if you will be able to attend."

"I sent a card back."

"We did receive some cards with no name on them. That must be you. Great. I'll mark you and Homer down as having accepted and I'll look forward to seeing you both at the wedding."

Rinse Lather Repeat.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

One way that some brides prevent this confusion is to number the envelopes (discretely, on the back, in pencil) and match the numbers to your guest list/spread sheet. In your case, yes, you'll have to pick up the phone.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: myras

Great idea to number everything! I'm going to keep that in mind!

[

BostonBride101010 Posts : 5 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: STBMrsBW

The numbering system is really a smart idea! I am going to do that for my own. As for what to do now, I would say call once all the RSVPs are in. That way there, you will only be calling a few people, as the list will be mostly narrowed down.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine