October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

Waiting - I'd say it was too early to print anything. What I'm thinking of doing is coming up with a layout and print that I like and getting it READY to print. That way I have it mostly done, but if something changes I can easily fix it before printing.

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

What I did with our programs is just typed it up and saved it. I am not going to print them out until maybe a couple of weeks ahead. I am too afraid that something will happen and then the program will be wrong. So, it is ready to go and waiting to be printed or changed.

Congrats ladies on all that you have done. I have been procrastinating on projects. I need to get busy, I am just feeling lazy about it. I will get some motivation soon, I hope.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: HollyD

Hey Ladies,

How's the wedding planning coming? We are basically done with everything. Just the small stuff left that really can't be done until a few weeks before.

Right now I've been searching for my after reception dress. I think I found it at david's bridal. It has lace straps and v's both ways with a little belt. Very cute and different from my wedding dress.

I also have my second bridal shower on August 1st. We are going on vacation August 12-16 and then my best friend is coming into town. We are going to attempt to make a feather hair piece to wear under my veil.

And that's it for now.

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

This Saturday we're going to our cake tasting! We get to also pick our cake design. I'm excited!

I should make the hair and makeup trial soon and contact the flower shop for our center pieces soon.

August 1st is my dress fitting!

I got my wedding shoes but they may be too high lol. So I need to walk in them first and if I can't walk properly in them then I will return them.

My bridal shower is August 21st.

I'm in the process of working on my slideshows and guestbook but they are pretty much done so all I have to do is order them.

Time is rapidly approaching ladies!! :)

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I found out yesterday that my best friend is throwing me a bridal shower, just don't know any of the details yet. But we don't want "traditional" gifts, because we live with 6 other people (family) and don't need things like toasters, linens, etc.

So the idea was brought up that we would do a honeymoon registry instead. We are going camping, and are going to register for all new camping things. New tent, sleeping bags, cooler, air mattress, flashlight, etc. All the little things that go along with camping, we are registering for.

Other things I'm working on...

We have the other cake tasting tomorrow afternoon. We are 90% sure that we are going with the other one we met, but we figure we should meet this one just to be sure. Plus, I emailed the first one some ideas and questions and have yet to hear back from her, so I'm not sure.

I am still working on addressing wedding invitations. I'm not too worried about rushing through that. I'm not sending them out for another month, actually closer to 6 weeks.

I'm actually working on a million little things. It keeps me up at night sometimes, but I'm trying to stop stressing. It will get done. My least favorite task will be picking out music and getting that all figured out. I might make Eric do that. lol

We meet with the photographer(s) on Friday to sign the contract and pay the deposit. Yay!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Photobucket

Here are my shoes. I am really happy with them :)

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

YAY we had our cake tasting today and we picked our cake! It's so pretty :)

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah- tell us about your cake! Color, shape, size, flavor? Details, girl!

Love the shoes!!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

It's chocolate cake with raspberry moose filling and a cream colored frosting with swirly designs :)

It's 3 round tiers and in between the tiers there are fall flowers and there are also fall flowers on top of the cake, so we may not even need to get a cake topper. The neat thing is that the colors of the flowers (red, orange, and brown roses) match perfectly with the dresses that the bridesmaids are wearing.

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Sounds awesome!!! Very yummy.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 8:28 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We're leaving today for Las Vegas... 5-6 days of "fun" in the sun. We'll be back on Friday. I'm not even taking my computer because A)We're not paying the ridiculous fee to have internet in our hotel room (something like 12.99 a night), and B)Eric made me promise that this will be a non-wedding trip, I need a break from it!

So off we go! See you all at the end of the week!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Enjoy your trip!!

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I have decided to get a videographer! I think it will be worth it. Anyone here getting one? The reason why I decided is because that day is going to go by sooo fast. I have spent almost TWO years planning the wedding. A lot of time and work has gone into the 'big day' that I want to remember EVERY detail lol. I was going to just have my dad and a friend video the wedding but I changed my mind on that because I want them to enjoy the day and not have to worry about filming and worrying about whether or not the camera is working properly. A pro will do much better and we can watch our dvd on all of our anniversaries! :)

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We're getting a videographer as well. I figured it's something we can watch on our anniversary, something to show our kids and grandkids. And I'm sure there will be lots of moments on the video that I won't remember or even see that day. Gosh...I can't take this waiting anymore. I want October here already. I must say that I can't believe July is almost over. It really flew by! I just got my invitations and I'm packaging them together this weekend :)

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah:

We're getting a videographer. The videographer will be there for when I am getting ready. Getting my hair and makeup done as well as putting on the dress, the ceremony, and the reception. So basically the entire day. It's something I knew I wanted from the very beginning. Pictures are amazing but I want to be able to watch the video years from now and go...Oh wow! I don't remember that!

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine