the new web site

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 9

Puchucha Posts : 1 Registered: 10/15/06
the new web site
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 10:05 AM

Can anybody tell me where are the clipping, I had a lot of pictures and ideas there in my profile and there is no pictures in my profile where are them....??

wdubin Posts : 49 Registered: 4/27/08
Re: the new web site
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Puchucha

They are gone forever. Supposedly people were notified by email that they were going to be taken down when they made the wonderful new changes to the site but I never received one and also lost all of my clippings. I put allot of time into them too. What bugs me even more is that you can no longer save clippings of images. What's the point in finding something you like if you can't even save it?? Very disappointing.

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: Puchucha

Hi there,

A series of three emails were sent to users notifying them of the removal of our clippings service. All of the images still exist on the website, just not in your clippings folder.

-Allison, Moderator

springorchid Posts : 176 Registered: 4/8/07
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 8:59 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I never got any emails...or if I did they certainly didn't seem important or have a subject like "hey, you're going to loose 5 years of your clippings when we make the sight much less user friendly in a few weeks."

That was the only reason I used the sight. Now I will just use theknot.com. At least that doesn't trash my work.

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: springorchid

The subject line was "Save Your Clippings" for the first one and subsequently got more urgent. Sorry you don't like the new site.

-Allison, Moderator

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 17, 2010 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I got the emails.

However, add me to the haters. "Recent posts" takes me to my Community Profile, rather than the recent posts. Eitehr remove the stupid header or make it work!

Honestly...was this site NOT tested before release?

I respect brides.com wants to update and keep with the times However, I've also been through three or four site upgrades since I joined the forum. Each one was worse than the one before. I am seriously glad I'm married because I have no use for the most recent upgrade. It irks me more than any of the previous.

Alison: you're going to lost a LOT of your MOH (Married Old Hags) who have experience to pass on. We are not just here to pick at folks...we are passing on our own knowledge to newbies. But annoy us enough with these upgrades that do not work, and it is not worth our time to come here.

And why are we MOH's valuable to the forum? because 90% of the time, the magazine is filled with info from the wedding industry. They are geared towards the bride who is NOT on a budget. We are the people who offer real advice to brides who are spending $1,000 to $10,000 on their weddings. It is the rare bride on THIS forum who is spending more than $50K (they are there...but most of us here are the ones who want elegant and who don't have the funds to spend on all the fru-fru lovely "must haves" that the wedding industry puts forth). We're the ones who offer advice on how to work with vendors when there are issues, and we help brides who are wondering if they are being a zilla or not (some are...some aren't. But truly, if they are asking, it usually means they don't want to be).

I'm not saying "never change your site"...but could the techies at LEAST test the stupid thing? Maybe ask for some beta testers before it goes live? This new version of Brides.com is awful.

Misty

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hi Cat,

As I stated in my post in the NWR forum we did test the site and some of issues did not crop up during testing. Little things (like wedding date appearing under user images) were missed but fixes are in place. The recent posts/most popular posts functionality is working now. The remaining issues with the forums will be fixed by the end of the month.

We value all of our members and of course did not wish to drive everyone away. Sorry you dislike the site so much.

I fight for you guys and the functionality of our forums at our meetings. I know how much you all like posting and how valuable long-time members are. I've made fixing the forums a priority over other issues. It has been suggested to me that the forums could function on their own without a Moderator but I disagreed and kept modding a priority. I'm here, I care, I listen and I'm doing the best that I can.

-Allison

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Allison,

you are a GREAT mod...and you've been really great about watching out for nasty trainwrecks and spamming vendors. I'll give the site some time to debugify. Just so you know, I do appreciate all that you have done.

Misty

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Dear Allison,

" It has been suggested to me that the forums could function on their own without a Moderator"

Those people are idiots.

One need only look at the volume of Evil Vendors to know that isn't true. A first-time web visitor seeing nothing but vendor messages ("Chicken Coop Plans" - remember them?) will be a last-time visitor.

JenniferWillson Posts : 70 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: Puchucha

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine