inexpensive ways to get designer shoes for wedding?

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
inexpensive ways to get designer shoes for wedding?
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 3:56 PM

Anyone have any luck getting "cheap" Manolo Blahniks or Christian Louboutins online? I've found a TON of wholesale sites that are extremely affordable, but I am just so nervous about actually pressing the "submit order" button. Even the shoes on EBay are just too pricey for me, right now. Any ideas?

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: inexpensive ways to get designer shoes for wedding?
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

You're not going to get Manolos or Louboutons cheap unless you go to an authorized retailer and there on sale, or you buy them second hand. These "wholesale" sites are knockoffs. Also, with shoes remember a lot of time you pay for what you get. What's your price range? If you can't afford the desginer shoes you want, I'm sure there is something in your price range that will have good quality and the comfortability that you need.

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Oh, I'll easily spend $500 on shoes, I was just hoping to keep costs down since now I'm not spending "my" money anymore...I'm not sure how I'm going to handle not spending money on shoes the way I used to! I found a pair on EBay that I'm going to try and get if the price doesn't get too high. I have a feeling that they will though.

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

Seriously, anyone reading this:

NEVER ever ever buy Louboutins or Manolos from sites offering "sale/wholesale/outlet" designer shoes.

They are fake. They are cheaply made. They are made in China from unregulated sweatshop labor... and trust me, because my boss' sister once ordered Louboutins from one of those sites: they look obviously fake and they are as poorly made as a pair of Payless. And with high heel shoes, you need to wear sturdy and well constructed shoes or you are at a serious risk of injuring yourself. It's just not worth it to twist your ankle because you don't have enough support over a few hundred dollars.

With any eBay purchase, have the members of The Purse Forum authenticate for you.

The only way I will buy designer shoes on sale is through a reputable department store: Barney's, Cusp (NM), NM, Saks, Bloomingdales OR by stalking Gilt Groupe. For less faked designer brands (Zanotti, Valentino, Kate Spade, Lanvin), I also really like 6pm.com. I HTH!

"I liked it, so I put a ring on it." - the Future Mr. BlueBoxBlueShoes

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine