October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jul 4, 2010 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

That makes so much sense!!! ARGH! It kinda ticks me off that I didn't really think about that. I'll probably send them out late August as well. I guess they should at least arrive by September 1st.

Most of our in town guests know where the venue is so we'll be putting maps and New Orleans goodies in the out of town guest's hotel room.

I'm pretty excited about the suite we are in. It's over looking the entire city of New Orleans so our videographer will get video of me in my dress overlooking the City. I hope it's nice and sunny so their is a good view of the city. When it rains it's almost impossible to see the city because of the clouds and fog.

As for our vows. We're keeping it simple and using the tried and true method. We're sticking with the traditional vows with no prayers or readings. We're hoping the entire thing lasts no longer than 10 minutes with the processional.

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca- Don't feel bad. I am like that with little details all the time. Such as, when we've been talking to the photographers, it occured to me to plan to have them come early enough to get pictures of me getting ready, but what about Eric? He's getting ready at a completely different location. And I want pics of him getting ready too! So what's the solution? That's my current dilemma.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Sometimes photographers have assistants. Maybe your photographer has one and while you are getting ready the assistant can take pics of the groom getting ready. Or someone in the family can take a pic of him getting ready. It doesn't take much pics for the groom to get ready, unlike the bride there are pics of her makeup being done and hair and then the dress. But the groom is just a tux lol.

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I want pics of the guys being guys... Eric and his buddies are big goofballs and they like to give him a hard time about getting married. I want to see that in pictures. Not just them getting dressed but I want to capture their goofiness in the pictures.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

amanda- Like cheetah mentioned, lots of photographers have an assistant. Usually they will have one with the bride and one with the groom... that way you can get all the shots you want of the guys. If you go with the photographer who are the sisters, you probably wont have anything to worry about. Our package has 2 photographers so thats what we are doing.

rebecca- i know august sounds early for invitations, but have you guys thought about when you need to let your venue/caterer know your head count? It varies with with every place, so maybe ask yours. For us, we need to let the venue know final headcount and meal selections by October 3rd.
Going based off that, i built in a week for the stragglers who wait until the day before the rsvp deadline to submit their response card, and then a day or two in the mail. Then another few days for those who dont respond and you have to call them. So, now we are looking at mid september for an rsvp deadline. Then, I feel guests should have about 4-6 weeks notice prior to the wedding/rsvp deadline to be able to send in rsvp's. so, that makes them need the invite in their hand late august/early september.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

We have chosen to go with a non-professional photographer. It was important to us that we have someone fresh and new, preferably someone fresh out of college or whatever. Most new photographers cannot afford to pay an assistant. :)

I think we've decided for sure to go with the two sisters. Besides being two of them, which is what we wanted, they are just really easy to talk to, really fun, and we just really liked them.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Good for you Amanda, it really makes a difference when you find the vendors easy to talk to and you get that "vibe" from them. We've been so lucky so far that we've booked our vendors on the spot after the first meeting and we haven't had to shop around. My photographer, though, was the easiest. I used to work in marketing/PR and worked with several photographers so I'm using a friend of mine from the industry. He doesn't normally do weddings, but he's doing mine as a favor and cutting us a sweet deal.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

Oh my gosh!!! Today has been all about WEDDING DAY PLANNING!!! Here's what has happened today:

I think we have the bridesmaid dresses pretty much figured out. Maybe not the exact clothes but definitely have the look decided on, and a few choices on where to get the pieces.

Even though I originally didn't want a veil, I wanted flowers in my hair, today I found a veil that is tastefully lined in denim... which is pretty much what our theme is (well part of it anyway). I love it and I want it!!!

I looked at the websites of several local bakers, and set up an appointment with one. Also, the other is going to call me later today. Anyway, I don't really know what I want with these so hopefully will get some good ideas.

Flowers have been something I've been avoiding, because I have no idea what I want. Well my bestest friend in the world, who is a bridesmaid, spent much of her afternoon, sending me pics of different bouquets and then when I would say yes or no she'd tweak her searches. All this from 1000 miles away! She rocks! I actually found some really good examples of what I might want.

Oh and I confirmed with our photographer, that we had indeed chosen them. Yay!

Feels like I got a lot of accomplished. :)

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

You did get a ton done!! That's awesome! I'd do the same thing with the cakes as with the flowers except with the cake you might even have more leeway! Anton and I found a baker that would make us a cake we didn't think would be possible and do it for much less then most people are paying for their cakes! Is there something that is special to the 2 of you that you'd like to incorporate into your wedding?

For me it was all about the wedding today too. Between yesterday and today, I managed to grab all the pics of Anton and I together and make them into a slideshow/movie for the reception! It's nearly done, but I can't finish it until I get our engagement pics back from the photographer so I can add those in! :) Feels so good to have that done since it was something I was dreading and that I knew would be a big time consumer.

We've also decided on the music that we want played during the ceremony (we already had all music for the reception chosen). Tomorrow we have an immigration meeting that will hopefully get us a date for our couples interview soon(tm) and in the evening we have a meeting with my pastor to talk about the ceremony timing, assessment of our relationship, and maybe get started on the script of the ceremony so I can get Anton and his dad translating it for me! :)

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

heyyyyyy alll

my shower is saturday I can't wait im just sooooooooo worried that no one will show im soo scared!!!!Yall pray for me ha!ha!

I have not really had any dreams thanks gosh I just hope my whole movie theme comes together ughhhh........But how has everthing been going for yall?I hope great the planning what does everyone have left?

In the south grooms cake r really big my FH is 2 teri one teri is red velvet and the other chocolate then its has flames at the bottom and Checkered Flag at the top then it will have a old car for the topper I can't wait too see mine either!!!!!!!!!!RebeccaFazzio I LOVE THAT IT SO LA TO DANG CUTE...............

Im still stuck on the nightmare before xmas walking song I love it but i dont wanna freak everyone out ya?

dodgercpkl ......Love the shoses r your colors blue?or is that your something blue?

girls our wedding getting r gettin here all fast wow!!!!

our photo lady is great i LOVED our esession picture...the best part is justin likes her!!!!!!!!!!!!

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: greenandblack

"dodgercpkl ......Love the shoses r your colors blue?or is that your something blue?"

My colors are blue, white and silver. lol I hadn't thought of it being my something blue! That's been the easy one for me to figure out. My something's old and something borrowed are the ones that I can't seem to come up with.

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 8:16 AM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

Crud! Something else to add to my list of things to figure out! The list is growing like crazy!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Do you guys think it's too early to make the ceremony programs? I have all of the information, just wondering if it's too early like what if something changes suddenly. What do you think?

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

Yes I would say it's too early. You just never know what might happen in the next 3 months. Someone could get sick and not be able to be in the wedding, or whatever.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine