Who has recently got engaged?

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 6

lamodexo Posts : 8 Registered: 6/25/10
Who has recently got engaged?
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 3:03 PM

I'm 19 and I just got engaged. Although we've been together a year and 7 months, we've always known we wanted to get married. I'm so happy he popped the question and I'm really excited to start planning! I'm wondering what other young brides to be are out there and I'd love to keep in touch with you guys! What are your stories?

Let me know and congratulations!

Lovetolaugh06 Posts : 11 Registered: 6/6/10
Re: Who has recently got engaged?
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: lamodexo

Congratulations on the engagement! My boyfriend just popped the question tonight!!!!!! I am so happy! We have been together for 3.5 years, and I am 22. We met when I was 17, and started dating when I was 19. We were friends before we started dating. He is the sweetest man and takes great care of me. I have less than a year left of school (I am majoring in biology education) so I want to get married July of 2012 because my first year of teaching will be hectic. He is also going to school to become a physician's assistant (he is an EMT right now). We are both so excited and couldn't be happier :-)

"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." Mark Twain

Montaya Posts : 4 Registered: 6/14/10
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: lamodexo

I just recently go engaged on 6/20/10. I am 22 years old and me and my fh have been dating for 1 year and 9 months.

AAA0811 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/23/10
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 1:51 AM Go to message in response to: lamodexo

I'm 19 and looking forward to being engaged next month! He's 20, and we've been together for 2.5 years! I can't wait to marry my best friend. :c) As far as I'm concerned, love knows no age. My grandparents met at the same age my FH and I did and got married at the same age that we will. They've been married 66 years. :c)

lamodexo Posts : 8 Registered: 6/25/10
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: lamodexo

It has been only a year and 7 months, but if you feel it you feel it. :) We met at the beginning of senior year in high school and we're dating 9 months before I left for San Francisco and we continued long distance. He visited every month for the entire first semester and then the second semester we decided to live together. I'm 19 but I'm also living 3000 miles away from my parents and with him, with all the support in the world, so I'm a little more grown up now. Living together has shown me it really is what I thought it was and I love him even more now. Just a little background for anyone thinking I'm too young :) Congratulations again to all of you! We decided to get married in a year and to plan a garden wedding in San Diego. We're moving to SoCal in 2 months with our puppy and we'll be closer to my parents. I'm so excited!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

FutureMrsHaynes Posts : 21 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 3:33 AM Go to message in response to: lamodexo

I'm so excited to finally be able to jump in here! My fiance proposed June 26th while we were on vacation, after almost five long years of waiting. I'm 23, he's 24, and we're waiting for me to graduate from college next semester before we start delving into any real planning.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: lamodexo

We're finally engaged!

We dated for about 7.5 years before getting engaged. We've been living in sin for several years and now that we're finally engaged, we're happy that we waited until we entered a certain stage of life together.

We're both 26 now and will be closer to 27 when we will marry. My fiance wanted to wait until he graduated from law school and we are planning the wedding for after he graduates with an additional LLM. Every couple's dynamic is different, but I always think that it's best to wait until about 25 to wed.

Usually by 25, you can realistically assess what kind of lifestyle you will be living together, what you can really afford together, career paths (and any need for serious sacrifices), and what kind of hobbies/interests you've developed in your adult life (since life after college is drastically different). I'm incredibly lucky that I met my future husband very young and that we've grown more together through the years.

"I liked it, so I put a ring on it." - the Future Mr. BlueBoxBlueShoes

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine