make up, hair and the destination wedding.

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

alymar Posts : 100 Registered: 3/2/10
make up, hair and the destination wedding.
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 1:29 AM

I am having a destination wedding in Hawaii and am currently schedule to have my hair and make up done through the company we are doing our ceremony through but I am starting to get worried. I have extremely thick, curly, dry hair and I have only had a handful of times in my life when my hair has been done well the first time I met with a stylist (usually the last time as well)

I don't want to have a total mess up on my wedding day and end up with even bigger hair (stylist seem to think that making my hair bigger is better) and caked on make up for a beach ceremony... I do not have a stylist at all. Right now all I do my own hair and am attempting to find someone reliable with my hair that I can go to on a regular basis. So, I don't even have anyone yet I can go to and do tests with, take photos to take with me.

Should I just take the chance? What should I do? I just know I want to have my hair down and flowing - kind of straightened but not perfectly straight.

I am already thinking of just going my own make up and do bare minerals because I love the feel of it.

Friendship is a wonderful base for love...
When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

mariewedding Posts : 13 Registered: 5/11/10
Re: make up, hair and the destination wedding.
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: alymar

I would ask for some people's names/emails of hair they've done. Be really upfront and ask for referrals, then CALL them! Send them pics of your hair, and try to get a trial the day prior if you can. Good luck!

kikicoco Posts : 28 Registered: 11/6/11
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: alymar

A wig would be helpful.

ArcheryGirl Posts : 22 Registered: 4/15/10
Posted: Dec 21, 2011 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: mariewedding

I agree. See if you can get a trial session the day before. That will give you a good idea of what it's going to be like.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: alymar

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine