New and waiting.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Luckyinl0ve Posts : 2 Registered: 6/29/10
New and waiting.
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 1:28 AM

Well hello there. I'm new here and felt I needed some advice.

I'm twenty-one and am waiting for a proposal from my one and only. He's twenty-two and we've been together since Highschool.

We've been waiting awhile to get married. And yes, I know we're young, but I really truly love this man.

Our only problem is my mother. She's very judgmental and has taken her past love experience to heart. We get along most of the time, but she told me not to get married yet.

But he's going to propose next month and I'm not going to say "no".

I just want her to be happy for me and not ruin this happy time in my life.

Any advice?

AAA0811 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/23/10
Re: New and waiting.
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: Luckyinl0ve

My soon-to-be fiancÚ and I are a year younger than you and your FH. My mom is the exact. same. way. I basically sat down with her and had a long talk about everything. I explained that I understood what she'd gone through, but that he was different than her previous husbands, and we both knew that. She agreed and told me that she wouldn't be okay with anyone marrying her baby until they had said "I do". So, talk to her and then just give it time.

I hope things work out!!

Luckyinl0ve Posts : 2 Registered: 6/29/10
Re: New and waiting.
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: AAA0811

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of trying that. Sometimes she's hard to talk to though. If she dis-agrees with what you're saying, she'll totally ignore you and tell you what she thinks and that's that.

But congrats on your engagement! _ And thanks again for the advice.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine