New Brides.com

Online Users: 1,304 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 59

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
New Brides.com
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 4:42 PM

Hi All-

As you may have noticed we've updated Brides.com. If you notice any forum issues, please post a reply to this thread so I can notify our tech team.

-Allison, Moderator

Known Issues

-Popular Posts/Recent Posts not working - Tech is aware and working to fix

-How are photos posted?

-Can we get to see which thread was posted in last on the forum page?

-New threads are no longer appearing bold.

-Original post appearing down too low when replying to a thread.

-Wedding Date should appear under usernames when replying in a thread.

-Reporting Threads not working

-Possible issues when saving community profiles, waiting for confirmation

Also, I liked it when you clicked on the thread and it went to the last response, not the beginning of the thread.

Forgive my horrible short term memory, but I thought it did always take you to the beginning of the thread. I just remember when I checked popular posts (like the Pregnant, trying, etc one) I'd read the same opening post a million times, wait for it to load, and then click on the last page.

If you click on "Last post by X" it takes you to the end of the thread. I think that hasn't changed, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyone?

Edited by: Moderator on Jun 29, 2010 3:23 PM

Edited by: Moderator on Jun 29, 2010 3:24 PM

Edited by: Moderator on Jun 30, 2010 5:02 PM

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: New Brides.com
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

How do you insert a picture now?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

wdubin Posts : 49 Registered: 4/27/08
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

This is not a forum problem but where are all my saved photos??

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Dear Allison,

One thing I REALLY like is that you all fixed the paste function in the reply editor.

Now I can just paste. I don't have to go through multiple clicks to paste.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I agree, I really don't like having to open the thread to see waht the new post was about. It's SO much nicer for me to look at the thread that was last posted in, and open it if its a topic of interest. I miss that feature!! Otherwise, it's ok I guess.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Well, the Mod said that the recent threads and popular threads aren't working yet so I'm hoping that we'll be able to see the titles too. But that might not be tied in.

It's a little frustrating to navigate right now, so hopefully the current threads will be working again soon.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I love it. I also love how there's a copy of the message I'm replying to below the message I type. And the website, overall, looks much cleaner, a lot more interesting.

I read that brides will now be doing features from the late Domino magazine? I loved that magazine, and definitely applicable to those of us who are no longer brides. It's smart to capitalize on us, as well.

Also, like others, definitely looking forward to the return of the "Recent" and "Popular" feature.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

New threads are no longer appearing bold to me. I thought it was handy to see threads I hadn't looked at yet in bold.

Also, when I just tried to update my profile, I couldn't find a save/update button so none of my changes saved.

Otherwise I'm loving the new look.

Edited by: KCH on Jun 29, 2010 11:11 AM

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Also, I liked it when you clicked on the thread and it went to the last response, not the beginning of the thread.

But now that I think on it, I think that was in the Recent Posts view. If you went into the forums, it brought up the beginning of the thread.

But it's still something to keep in mind.

MrsD - I couldn't even find the post I was replying too under my reply until you mentioned and I had to go looking for it. It would be more helpful, IMO if it was closer to the reply. I still have to use two screens to make it helpful.

EDIT: OK I see where now you can click on the page you want to go to before opening the thread - I like that! I also like that linked text in the message actually shows up a different color from the rest of the text so link stands out.

Edited by: PharmToxGirl on Jun 29, 2010 1:00 PM

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

How do you insert a picture now?
@agd1017
Good question. I'm going to hop into the "Forum Help" area and try to figure this out. I'll report my findings.

I'm just wondering if we'll get to see which thread was posted in last in the forum page. Right now, we can only see the name of the poster.
@MikaylaK
I'll bring this up in our meeting and see if this feature can be returned. I'm not sure why it went away!

This is not a forum problem but where are all my saved photos??
@wdubin
A series emails went out to Brides.com users letting them know that our clippings feature was going to be removed and asked them to save their info to their computer. At this time we do not know when/if the Clippings feature can be returned.

I read that brides will now be doing features from the late Domino magazine?
@MsDenuninani
Yes! The Domino archives will be living in our "Home & Registry" section. I'll be adding new features regularly and tweeting (my initials are AB) when they're up. Be sure to follow us on Twitter/brides to stay in the loop!

New threads are no longer appearing bold to me. I thought it was handy to see threads I hadn't looked at yet in bold.
@KCH
I think the little circle to the left of the thread title is supposed to get filled in when its a new thread, half full when there are new posts (but you read the thread already), and empty when there are no updates. I'll check with tech to see what's going on there. But I do like the bold too.

When I just tried to update my profile, I couldn't find a save/update button so none of my changes saved.
@KCH
There should be a green button that says "Continue" at the bottom, under all the fields you can fill out.

Also, for some reason I am getting like 4 popups every time I change to a new pane.
@FutureMrsM2009
Okay... that's a weird one. I block pop-ups so I don't get any at all. What browser and type of computer are you using?

I'll add the issues you all mentioned to my original post and bring a list of your queries to our weekly meeting.

As for the recent/popular posts button, I'll try to get a handle as to when the fix will be in place.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I'm not getting pop ups either, I'm on Firefox.

Also, I love the responsiveness of the sire now - it's moving SO much faster!

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Yaaay! I'm glad its working better for you Pharm. Personally, I'm obsessed with the fact that our new slideshows have an "Enlarged" image option. You can see biiig beautiful pictures now. Very happy making.

-Allison

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I found that you can insert a photo using this format: "!http://../post.gif!" Take away the quotes and replace the URL inside the exclamation points with the photo URL you want to post.

It's down below the reply section where it tells you the HTML formats for things, but I had to go looking for it this morning. Not difficult, just different. :P

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

Thanks!

You can also post using standard HTML code:

<*img src="http://www.URLofPhoto.com"*> (without the stars)

AreEmarisS Posts : 1 Registered: 12/15/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 4:48 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

(A series emails went out to Brides.com users letting them know that our clippings feature was going to be removed and asked them to save their info to their computer. At this time we do not know when/if the Clippings feature can be returned.)

No. I didn't get notification about this, I understand that I opted to not get any emails from this site, but a notification should have been put on the clippings gallery!

(Warning: Clippings to be taken to the gallows at the end of June.)

My fiance and I are separated by five time zones, and didn't have a good chance to pass on ideas well until I remembered this site. Aside from what I've saved off of random sites, everything we clipped is gone now. The clip option, by the way, was the thing I liked best.

I'm glad we have a year to prepare, but we have been getting ideas together and filtering out images for two months now.

Whoopee for all your updates and everything, but really, a on-site advisory would have made sense.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine