1 1/2 months to wedding! PLZZ HELP!

Online Users: 1,324 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 12

Lunder Posts : 5 Registered: 5/26/10
1 1/2 months to wedding! PLZZ HELP!
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 1:11 AM

I have a month and a half to shed some weight, last I checked my weight was averaging 205-215. Im not a fan of chocolate, but this is not where I am having a problem. My problem is that my doctor put me on birth control to regulate my hormones, and this was 2 weeks ago, and ever since Ive gained a few pounds. HOW DO I STOP THIS without stopping the birth control?

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Re: 1 1/2 months to wedding! PLZZ HELP!
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Lunder

Exercise and watch what you eat. Walking or running (depending on your fitness level) in the mornings and evenings is great, especially if FH can join you.

I have scrambled eggs in the morning, steak or chicken with a garden salad at lunch, and then some sort of protein with sauteed veggies for dinner. I almost never eat bread, pasta or potatos, though I do have a beer or two on occasion.

When my doctor first put me on the pill way back when she told me that most women gain a few pounds when the go on the pill, but the best way to avoid it was to not eat more than you normally would.

smileyface Posts : 19 Registered: 8/15/09
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: Lunder

also what you can do, is you can try getting workout videos at home, i tried the debbie siebers slim in 6, that works really good, im also on bc and with my workout videos i lost like 15 pounds in 2 weeks, also make sure you drink plenty of water, the water makes you feel full so that by meal time you actually eat less and that helps out quite a bit :)
peace love happiness

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 2:38 AM Go to message in response to: smileyface

Thanks ladies! This whole weight gain thing is really starting to get me depressed and a bit worried that I will not be able to wear my dress even with alterations. But, one of my bridesmaids has asked me to go to the gym with her, so I accepted, Im hoping that shes got more willpower than I do and will help me stick to it! She hasnt been going for quite a while and after her gastric bypass she lost 180 lbs, so either way im super proud of her, unfortunately.... we both have gained some weight and are really self conscious about it.

gratefulone Posts : 1 Registered: 6/26/10
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 3:01 AM Go to message in response to: Lunder

Have you ever thought of doing a cleanse? I've done a cleanse with the Lemonade Cleanse To Go and dropped 9 pounds. It's tough, but worth it. After the cleanse I continued to diet, so have lost a bit more weight. Since you don't have much time, you might consider it.

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: gratefulone

The problem with the clense is that I have a multatude of medications that I take daily due to an "accident" in which my head was run over by my kids dad about 2 years ago. If I do a clense then it will detox all of my meds along with it. And with out them, I can not function, and most of them are meds that have to build up in my body, so I would be a nut for a while.

cabride531 Posts : 9 Registered: 9/14/10
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: Lunder

I'd be cautious about cleanses. The problem with cleanses like the Lemonade Diet and Master Cleanse are that you're depriving yourself of the proper nutrients. You end up essentially starving yourself. What you're really losing is water weight and muscle mass. After you finish you're generally miserable for having starved yourself for 10 days and you tend to binge eat to make up for it. Thus you gain the weight back pretty quickly!

You'd be better off doing a raw vegan diet for a few weeks and consuming a ton of water. That way you get yourself off the processed foods and drinks.

I personally like a new product called Kaeng Raeng. It's essentially a meal replacement that you drink 3 times a day for 3-6 days (depending how long you need or want). What makes this different from other detox or cleanse programs is that you're getting the nutrients you need--you're eating REAL food, and if you find the smoothies are not enough to keep you feeling full and satisfied you can supplement it with a raw vegan diet of raw veggies, fruits, and nuts.

Kaeng Raeng consists of a ton of vegetable fiber, non-GMO soy protein, freeze-dried fruit, and probiotics/vitamins/minerals. I like to mix it with juice so it's a bit sweeter.

What I love about KR is that I was not only able to lose weight (mind you most of it tends to be water weight), but I was able to modify my eating habits and create a healthier lifestyle for myself. I didn't crave certain junk foods as much and certain processed or salty foods tasted bad to me.

The first time I did KR I did a 3 day program and lost 4 lbs and the first time I did the 6 day program I lost 5 lbs.

If you want to read more about it, check out my blog. It helped me to reach my Goal Weight on Weight Watchers!

http://caitlinobrient.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-i-reached-my-goal-weight.html

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: Lunder

dear Lunder,

" My problem is that my doctor put me on birth control "

Forget all this quack medicine.

Go back to your doctor and tell him or her of your weight gain concerns. Your doctor might be able to change your b/c to something that better suits you.

cabride531 Posts : 9 Registered: 9/14/10
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I agreed with aunt. Your doctor is your friend. Never be afraid to discuss different options with them. Mine helped me find a b/c that worked with my body (and trust me, it took me a while to find the right one, but I did).

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: cabride531

I agree. Hormones out of whack can cause weight gain no matter how careful you are being. I think talking to your doc is a great idea. Maybe there are other pill options that are less likely to wreak havoc with your diet & work out plans.

Kylie29 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/8/10
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 3:51 AM Go to message in response to: Lunder

Hi Lunder,

Firstly - the BCP myth re: weight gain...within the first few months of being on the pill, most women experience a little bit of weight gain but it's largely water weight. Once your body acclimates and your hormones are stabilized, your weight should return to normal.

Second - cleansing and your meds...I am not a fan of the crash cleanses ie. Master Cleanse. One that is recommended by nutritionists is the Wild Rose. The first time I did it, I dropped 11 lbs in 14 days. This would not affect any medications you're taking because it flushes your colon and does not deprive you of food. Always a good idea to confirm with your doctor and a nutritionist but the Wild Rose comes with a fabulous meal plan. Essentially you eat healthy and take herbal stool softeners and vitamin supplements. Mostly colon cleanse, water weight and ~5 lbs of actual weight comes off. It puts you in a great, energized head space and gets you on the right track for what you should be eating daily anyway ;-)

Lastly - get moving! Get on the elliptical, the stairmaster, go for an hour power walk every morning or evening. Don't be afraid of light weights and reps of 15-20, x 3 sets. I have found that even little choices like taking the stairs or walking to the store will help set the wheels in motion. But for most women it's food choices. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean chicken or fish. Avoid starches and sweets which are energy zapping and affect your insulin levels, causing that crash in energy and making you more hungry. One last tip: if you're feeling hungry and it's not meal time, green tea is great for making you feel full! Good luck!!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Lunder

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: Lunder

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine