Groomsman - Tux or Army Class A's?

Online Users: 1,363 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Groomsman - Tux or Army Class A's?
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:47 PM

My father just passed away, and my brother will be walking me down the aisle. He's also a groomsman, and after walking with me is going to stand with the other groomsmen.

He's in the Army - reserves now, after four years active duty. He's been thinking he'll wear his dress uniform - apparently he'd get a tux shirt and some kind of bow tie for it - and FH and I can't decide if we prefer him to wear his Class As or a tux like FH and the other groomsmen.

Our main color is purple, though we haven't decided on bridesmaid dresses yet. Any thoughts?

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Re: Groomsman - Tux or Army Class A's?
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

I can understand your concern over whether your brother will stand out too much, and not "match" the other men in your FH's party. But, since you've said he's walking you down the aisle, I don't see any reason why he can't stand out a little! I think it'd be perfectly fine to let him wear his Army dress uniform (in fact, they look pretty snazzy when put into bridal parties, in my opinion).

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

His military uniform is his "tux". It will look fine and although not match the colors it will match the formality of the attire.

Edited by: chris42005 on Jun 24, 2010 2:30 PM

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

His dress uniform will match the formality of the "civie" tux. Plus, who doesn't love a man in uniform?

Lunder Posts : 5 Registered: 5/26/10
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

Remember its YOUR day! YOU decide what he wears. If you want him in the same attire as the rest then DO IT! He and you together can always find another way to incorperate the class A's or other military tradition into the wedding. Whatever you decide its your wedding and you deserve to have it your way! Even if hes not happy about it.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine