Stepkids?

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 3

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Stepkids?
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 10:50 PM

I'm just wondering how many other brides will become stepmoms after the wedding?

FH has two sons ages 23 and 22. I'm 31 and FH is 43. It's kind of weird sometimes because I'm closer to the "kids" ages than his. I have a good relationship with them except that they are horribly messy! I guess that might just be their age and being own their own for the first time since they weren't slobs when they lived with FH and me.

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: Stepkids?
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

I became a stepmom after the wedding. I'm 30, my husband just turned 41, and my stepdaughter is 15. I get along with her very well. She was a BM.

Do you have a question, or are you just curious who else is in your boat?

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

No questions yet, but you never know when something might pop up. I'm just looking for others in a similar situation. :)

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2010 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

We both became stepparents. Mine are (now) 24, 21 and 19. His are (now) 11, 16 and 18. Also, my two oldest just had babies and I can tell you it felt much less "step" for him with the babies. WIth them, it's just grandpa.

But it can be quite trying sometimes, it's definitely an adjustment, might not be so much though since yours are much older initially and you get along well. We had to deal with, for quite some time, a VERY angry, bitter and interfering ex wife. DH had to work hard to create boundaries and enforce them, and after that things got much better.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine