October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

We haven't decided on wedding announcements yet but these are the inserts we're putting in with them for the reception!

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

Anna- I love those! They look very nice.

We are ordering these: http://www.magnetstreet.com/Carved-in-Love-Flat-Rectangle-Wedding-Invitations . I can't do the personalization "Design Studio" on my computer, for some reason it just doesn't work. It does on other computers though, so I guess when I go to order them I will do it on someone else's computer. So you can't see our names and stuff on these right now but maybe when they are done I can scan them and show them to you gals!

The wording we decided on is this:

Because you have shared in our lives
by your friendship and love, we
Amanda Gail Dittmer
and
Eric Ross Bullard
together with our parents
invite you to share
the beginning of our new life together
when we exchange marriage vows...

blah blah blah

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda we also got our invitations through MagnetStreet. I love that place! I love the invitation that you picked out. We almost picked that one but decided on something for autumny lol.

Anna love your invitations! Very unique :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hello I'm joining in here! I'm getting married 10/9/10, got engaged a couple months ago and I have lots of planning to do yet! So far we have the hall and ceremony site (which is in a gazebo over looking the ball park we met at when we were kids), my dress, BM dresses and the photog all set. We're doing "peacock" colors. The guys will wear a bronzey/copper color and the girls are wearing deep plum. We'll incorporate other colors somehow in the decorations. Next big thing to get out of the way is the invitations. And DJ. And a baker. And...lots of things! It's very exciting though and I'm glad we're not waiting until next year to get married. Looking forward to hearing how all you Oct brides' planning is coming along!

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

Hi Tress welcome aboard :) Sounds like you have a lot done so far. Time is ticking and that's making me feel rushed. But if I end up rushing that's my own fault because I had 22 months to plan my wedding ;)

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Welcome Tress!

Cheetah: I feel the exact same way. I'll have had 18 months to plan by our wedding day so I've had plenty of time to get everything done as well.

Does anyone have wedding dreams? The closer it gets the more I have them. They usually involve stuff i'm working on at the time. Like I have I talk to the florist and change the colors of our flowers. (I can call and do this but I want to meet in person so I know for sure she understands exactly what I want) I also have to get the girls sashes for their dress and in my dream I hadn't done any of this yet so my Fall wedding was purple and gold still! Not a big deal but still a paniciky dream. :)
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

i have had a few wedding dreams.
my most recent was the most upsetting. It was the morning of the wedding and i left all the boxes of favors, and decorations at my house (which is in another state from the wedding).
It was also 30 minutes PAST the time the ceremony was supposed to start and i still wasnt dressed, and hadnt had my hair and makeup done yet either.

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

I don't recall ever having wedding dreams. I might as the big day gets closer and closer.

Ok ladies, I know I am getting down to the wire with ordering bridesmaid dresses. I just can't decide! And now my dilemma is color and style. We are going for a kind of barn+fall theme. The barn is red, we're going to have a hog roast, yard games, s'mores, a bounce house, etc. So I can't decide on the dress- what color? I was thinking red, but then I thought.... how would that look against the red barn for pictures? And what style fits the theme we're going for?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda the color persimmon is a beautiful color! It's a dark orange. Two of my bridesmaids are wearing that color! I think that will look stunning next to the red barn and it will look really nice for the fall :)

I've had wedding dreams before. The last one I had I forgot to mail out the invitations so no one showed up for the wedding!

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I saw a picture somewhere of BMs in bright blue dresses in front of a red barn, looked awesome! Blue might not fit in your scheme, but it looks great and wouldnt' be the "obvious" fall color.

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

Tressa- actually you have a good point. Last night I was looking at some non-traditional bridesmaid dresses. I started putting the image of nice denim dresses against the image of the red barn. I think that's the direction we are going. The guys will be in a NICE pair of denim jeans, (haven't decided on those yet) and a nice shirt with a vest to match our color/theme. The girls will be in a denim dress with a red shawl. I think it fits nicely with our farm-ish theme.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

that sounds super cute! we still have to figure out the groom and grosmen attire.....

i have wedding dreams... well more like nightmares! all the ones i've had i'm at my wedding and nothing is ready like the invites didn't go out or i didn't have time to do my hair and make up ect. they're terrible...

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

We ordered our invitations!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the design:

http://www.zazzle.com/rural_fence_post_country_wedding_invitation-161688818555007885

We got the invitation, and put the reception info on the back, with a picture of our barn. We also got RSVP cards and rehearsal dinner cards... all for free shipping and $126! Envelopes too!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Nice invite. It matches your theme perfectly.

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Any gift ideas for our 7 year old flower girl? I have no idea!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine