Just engaged and I realize my fiancess ex wife still has her wedding page!

Online Users: 1,323 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Keys28 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/1/10
Just engaged and I realize my fiancess ex wife still has her wedding page!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 7:56 AM

Ok so I'm going through the whole wedding planning process and I realize her registry still exits on the computer and she has this whole my wedding page created at the knot complete with pictures wedding parties time etcs how he proposed (they were married 2008, divorced begining of 2009, she cheated on him, and she's still with the guy...you think you'd delete that?). It's quite nauseating, but it dosen't bother me for the reasons you would think. I'm concerned that when I register, the slightly older people in our family search his name he's going to show up with two different girls, and say they confuse registries? Also, I'd like to create a cute cheesy little wedding page (shouldn't I be able to for god sakes!), but it's pretty tainted if people search his name and once again two different girls pages show up?

Has anyone experienced this? If so how do you get the page deleted? Bed Bath and Beyond deleted there old registry in like two seconds, they were awesome, but I'm having issues with the knot.com. They said send customer service an email, but it's still there! He dosen't have her address or email, only her number, and they have been peacefully silent for over a year (no communication), which is great, but I want this page gone!

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Re: Just engaged and I realize my fiancess ex wife still has her wedding page!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 9:08 AM Go to message in response to: Keys28

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. The registry has the correct wedding date, right? I'd assume anyone going on the registry would notice that the wedding date had happened in the past and not buy off of it. Or, that it wasn't your name.

To be honest, it never even crossed my mind that either 1) registries wouldn't automatically come down or 2) you could/would delete them. I'm sure it probably didn't cross her mind either.

lissagettingmar... Posts : 22 Registered: 5/29/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: Keys28

Besides, if he has a reasonably common name, people will just assume that's another John Smith and look at the registry that has your name on it, too.

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: lissagettingmar...

I agree, I wouldn't worry. The wedding date is another day/year, and unless you and the ex have the same name, people shouldn't get confused.

She probably forgot her Knot password, or forgot about the page all together. This is the downside of the internet, ladies!

On the plus side, if people get the registries confused, you may wind up with some good stuff they didn't get!

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 12:05 AM Go to message in response to: SarahSarah

^ Totally.

Send her an email with the pictures of the orange Kitchenaid stand mixer and $800 Shun knife set she maybe didn't get ;)

"I liked it, so I put a ring on it." - the Future Mr. BlueBoxBlueShoes

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Keys28

Dear Keys,

Personally, I'd just ignore it.

Requesting anything of someone that clueless will just lead to more drama. She may have forgotten all about the page, but could just leave it up to tick you off.

Go to another service and put your wedding website there, so the two won't get confused.

Best to just ignore it. Let her look like the idiot. Let you look like the serene bride happily planning her future with a great guy.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine