Help! FH wants to wear suit to our wedding

Online Users: 1,289 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Help! FH wants to wear suit to our wedding
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 12:13 AM

My FH is super stubborn and wants to wear a suit that he already owns to our wedding. (My mom said my dad was the same way for their wedding. He insisted that he wear a brown suit to their wedding while all their groomsmen wore black tuxedos.) FH says he doesn't want to bother with going in to try on tuxedos and spend unnecessary money to rent a tux. I have a problem with it becuase it's a navy blue suit with thin pinstripes. I think it would look rediculous for him to wear his navy blue suit and who knows what he's going to pick for his groomsmen. Am I being too much of a control freak? What do you all think about his situation?
Anna

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Re: Help! FH wants to wear suit to our wedding
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:57 AM Go to message in response to: Anna827

Anton will be wearing a suit to our wedding ceremony. To be honest I wanted him to be comfortable. Would blue pin-stripe clash with your colors?

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: Anna827

My FH will be wearing a suit on our wedding day. Granted it will be a nice formal suit that he will need to rent, but personally I think a well tailored crisp suit looks much more dashing than a tuxedo.

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: Anna827

i think its fine for your FH to wear a suit instead of a tux, it also saves you both money.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Anna827

I think my FH is going to wear a suit as well. But I have big issues with things matching so I would insist that all the guys get the same suit. And also, I figure, one day out of your life you can get dressed up and wear new clothes. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Well, he did something without talking to me first. He asked one of his buddies to be one of his groomsmen and he told him to wear his white navy uniform. Now he's the only guy that's going to be wearing white, everyone is not going to look the same and my dress isn't even white, it's ivory. So I'm pretty peeved he didn't discuss this without talking to me first.
Anna

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: Anna827

Soo... talk to him about it. It's not set in stone yet. He made a major decision without consulting you. So talk to him, and whatever you two agree upon is what stands.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Anna827

Calm down. Uniforms don't count. Besides, it's white--it won't clash with anything. It all will be fine! By the way, did you consult him when you told your bridesmaids what to wear (or when you picked your dress and accessories?)
myra@classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: myras

I did ask him about what he thought about the bridesmaids dresses and what colors he liked, so I did consult with him on that. I'm just concerned that the white uniform will stand out way more than FH and I will since neither of us will be wearing white. I'll be wearing ivory, FH will be wearing his navy blue suit, my bridesmaids dresses are going to be navy blue and I'm not sure if the groomsmen will be wearing navy blue or grey suits.
I spoke with him about it this morning and he says this is something that he will not change his mind on. That I've had my way on many of the wedding planning and this is something that he will not budge on. So I'm probably just going to have to accept it.

Anna

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: Anna827

Wow, is he 10 or what? A wedding (much like a marriage) is about compromise and doing stuff that you BOTH want and like. So unless neither of you care about an issue, then both of you should be consulted for it.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Anna827

Yeah, he insisted on wearing brown to my his and my mom's wedding. Most likely he'll wear a dark suit or tux for my wedding. =o)
Anna

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine