Two Maid of Honors?

Online Users: 1,348 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Kate2012 Posts : 30 Registered: 1/25/10
Two Maid of Honors?
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 12:01 PM

I am recently engaged and I am trying to choose my bridal party. I have two bestfriends from high school and we have all been best friends for years. They both mean so much to me equally and I am having a really hard time choosing who I want to be my MOH.

Is it okay to have two MOHs? Since all three of us are very close, I don't think there should be any issues when planning things such as the shower and bachelorette.

I need some honest opinions. Thanks!!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: Two Maid of Honors?
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: Kate2012

Sure, you can have whoever you want and give them whatever titles you want. I did that with my two daughters.

But, is your wedding in 2012? IF it is, then I would just suggest you wait until about 8 months or so before your wedding to decide on your bridal party. If you read around on these threads, you will find many, many posts on people who had extreme issues with bridal party often due to selecting these people long before the wedding. Anyway, it happens a lot, and although you want to give them time to save, get fitted, make plans, you still ahve plenty of time and lots of other planning type activities you can work on now if you are wanting to do 'weddingy' activities.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Kate2012 Posts : 30 Registered: 1/25/10
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Thanks so much! That's really good advice. My wedding isn't until 2012 so waiting for a while to choose is probably a really good idea.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: Kate2012

Dear Kate,

I agree exactly with Cyndi.

Two maids of honor is fine.

Wait until early 2012 to make a final decision. You may "drift" away from one or both of your friends, then be stuck with a problem bridesmaid.

TishaLynn Posts : 11 Registered: 6/28/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I agree with all the girls. I was in the same boat. I am having two. However one of mine is married and one is not so I will actually have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor. The only hard part then becomes who do you stand next to you. For me it is my Maid of Honor as I have known her a few years more. But it was still a hard choice. And my Matron of Honor was ok with it as well as she was at my side for my first wedding.

Good luck and congrats on your engagement. :)

loveisjoy Posts : 85 Registered: 2/6/09
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: Kate2012

There is nothing wrong with having two Maids of Honor. I have two Maids of Honor, and two Matrons of Honor, and two bridesmaids. It's all up to you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine