Maid/Matron of Honor Speech

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Maid/Matron of Honor Speech
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 10:18 AM

Hi! Remember me? It's been a long time since I've been on here.

Anyway, I'm the matron of honor for my friend that I've known for about 5 years. Trouble is, I'm having a hard time writing the speech. Do you know of any good websites or poems that I could use? I'm just really nervous about speaking in front of 200 people, and the bride told me "no embarrassing stories!".

Thanks for your help!

Edited by: JenlovesDon1 on Jun 11, 2010 10:19 AM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Maid/Matron of Honor Speech
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

Dear Jen,

My best suggestion? Keep it short.

Think of one or two great stories you can tell about your friend, nothing embarrassing. Think of some times when your friend has been a "great friend" to you. You cried on her shoulder when your Junior High Romeo dumped you. She was your biggest supporter when you tried out for cheerleading. Stuff like that.

Make her look good!

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

I was the MOH in my friends wedding and I did mine as suggestions for the husband.. I thought a cute quirks about her that are not embarrassing. Here is what mine was:
Good evening, for those of you who do not know me I am ....one of brides oldest friends. I am honored to stand up here by brides side and be part of this day.

I have not had the opportunity to get to know groom very well yet but I can see how hwappy he makes bride and it warms my heart. Groom, I have known bride since 2nd grad ean so there are a few things i would like to share about bride:
1. if you get a meatball sub be prepared to share. She'll say she won't want any but trust me get 2 subs or she'll be sneaking bites off of yours.
2. Bride is not always the most organized, neat young woman so be prepared to find random clothes everywhere.
3. Bride loves shoes. She will wear the tallest heals even if they kill her feet or she trips on them and believe me- Bride has sprained more ankles than anyone I know bc of her shoes. (I told a story here.... So be prepared to catch her.
4. Bride has a very big heart. Her heart is the most endearing aspect of her character. Please remember to handle it with care.

Bride, Grooom...
In the times when you are together in the same room or across town or even the world, always reflect back on the love you feel today and I know you will always be happy in your togetherness. To the Bride and Groom!

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: triciam

Thanks for the suggestions!!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45677.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!