October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Well I think we have decided on where we are going to have our once-again-local wedding. Check out the website- http://www.wdm-ia.com/Index.aspx?page=233 and there is a link you can check out more pictures and all that. It's not too far from where we live (like... 15 minutes) and most of our guests would be from the same general area. We would probably have the ceremony in half of the big room and then have tables set up in the other half for a small brunch and cake type reception. Something simple. Then we could do pictures at the park and by the lake/river and wherever else we wanted- that area of town is kinda historic and nature-y and quite pretty.

We will probably do a simple honeymoon as well, just a few nights at somewhere within a couple hours of here. Haven't figured that out yet.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

anyone eles???thanks anyeveryone who put tthere input i love this song

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda I am glad you found your place. You've been searching forever and under a lot of stress, so I am really happy that you finally have your wedding place. It looks lovely :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

chitownbride2be Posts : 1 Registered: 6/8/10
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Can't get enough of all things wedding? Check out Christy and Joshua's
chic wedding sponsored by YouSwoop. Get tips and ideas on how to make
your big day perfect on a budget. Who knows, maybe you'll be YouSwoops
next wedding!

http://youswoop.com/wedding/

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I have a question. I have a few cousins coming to my wedding that I haven't had contact with in years. I'm not sure if they are dating anyone or not (these cousins change boyfriends/girlfriends like they change cloths!). Should I put Mrs ____ and Guest or just invite my cousins?

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

If you hadn't had any contact with your cousins in years then don't invite them :-p Easier said than done right? lol I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat. I wish I hadn't invited my cousins who I haven't seen in years but they are my cousins after all and it would be nice if they were there. Do you talk to your aunt (their mothers?) or anyone in their family? That's how I found out about my cousins and their wives. I asked my other cousin who is close with them and she gave me the names of their wives. If you don't have anyone else to ask then just write ‘And Guest' on the invite.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

It kind of depends i think.
a) do you have enough money in the budget to invite them and a guest
b) how old are they? If they are younger (like 18-23) maybe dont invite their boyfriends/girlfriends, especially if they change partners a lot
c) do you even want them there?

this should help you decide. It is always nice to allow each of your invited guests to bring their own guest, even if it is a friend. So, if its in the budget, then i would say yes invite them and a guest.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

4 more months ladies!!!!!!

We got our invitation proofs last night.... oh man, i LOVE them!!! they came out soooo nice!! the lady did exactly what we wanted, and then some! we have a few small things to update, then we will have her make up an actual mock up one and mail it to us before we order all of them.

its so exciting to see things coming together!!

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: chitownbride2be

nice job spammer....

anyways! FH and i have decided to change the location of our wedding from my parents back yard to the salt lake city and county building (basically old city hall). It was built out of sandstone in the 1800s and is absolutly beautiful! my fh calls it hogwarts lol but it reminds me of peter pan and the clock tower. We live near by it and go there for festivals all summer long and FH works right accross the street! We both really like that it is personal for us and it will always be a place we can go back to whereas my parents probably will be selling there house in a couple years. we're still going to have our reception at my parents that night becuase we're having the ceremony be super small and earlier in the day.

http://www.slcgov.com/info/ccbuilding/default.htm

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

Well that place I mentioned before is already rented. It was rented the day before I called! Grrr.

So today Eric and I went and looked at a couple more places, and have more to look at tomorrow and also have to call about a few. I would like to get it figured out and settled before my surgery next Thursday.

And I can't do anything with invitations til then... grr.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

I love the looks of that place! Great find!!!

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda - I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to send a hug your way. I'm so sorry for all you've been through lately! I hope you find a place within the deadline that you want!

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda, I just wanted to let you know that I'm so very sorry for your and Eric's loss. Please focus on yourself in the upcoming months and try not to get too stressed out. You'll find the perfect place for you and Eric to get married even if it's the courthouse with a small reception at home. All that matters is you're marrying the man of your dreams.

Anna: That place looks so freaking awesome! It does remind me of Hogwarts. Lucky girl!

My invites are on the presses! They look fabulous. I posted them maybe a month back.

My first wedding shower is this Saturday and I'm feeling the stress. I have this irrational fear that no one will show up! I just found out my family from Jackson, MS will not be coming to my shower.=(

Half the family members are in FL and that couldn't be helped but my step-grandma and great grandma just aren't coming. My G-Grandma is in her 70's and can't make the drive on her own but my step-gmaw says she's isn't coming because I'm having a shower down there.

However, the shower down there is a lingerie shower/bachelorette party...not the same as a wedding shower! If she would come then my great grandmother would come!!!! It's insane to me she refuses to make the two hour drive. It seems super selfish to me because she doesn't have anythign else to do! No prior commitment!

My mom is going to call and talk to her so I'll let you know how it goes!
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca- maybe someone can go get your great-grandma? If your step grandma refuses to come and your g-g really wants to, it would be sweet if someone would go get her and bring her to the shower. I understand how bad you want her there!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

anna- i LOVE the venue!!! looks super cool!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine