Thank you Etiquette Help

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

AJLM Posts : 49 Registered: 11/18/08
Thank you Etiquette Help
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 7:55 PM

Hi Everyone,

We've received some gifts from family recently and I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to address the thank yous. One of the gifts was from my cousins and their spouses, my aunt and uncle and my grandma. The others were from three of my cousins and my aunt.

Do I send thanks you's to each of my cousins/aunt and their spouses for the joint gift and a separate for the gift from just my cousins or aunt, or thank you's to my cousin/aunt and their spouses for both gifts?

Thanks!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Thank you Etiquette Help
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: AJLM

If I received joint gifts, I sent each person/couple a Thank You for the gift, if they were adults.

I.E. If I received a knife set from my Aunt & Uncle and their 3 adult kids, I'd send out 4 individual Thank Yous. If I received the same knife set from my cousin and her three kids who are still at home and young, I included them all by name on one Thank You.

I don't actually know if this is 'right' but it's what I did.

I also picked up a Thank You Note book that helped SO much with writing the Thank Yous.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Thank you Etiquette Help
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: AJLM

Dear AJ,

Compromise on one note per household.

If Aunt and Cousin went in together to get you a gift, then send one note if they live under the same roof, two notes if they live separately.

One would expect people living together to share mail, but not people living at different addresses.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine